cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUET Enterprise vs BO BI Integration Option for Microsoft Sharepoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am struggling to find the right management overview to position DUET Enterprise vs BO BI Integration for Microsoft Sharepoint.

My high level definition of DUET Enterprise is to expose SAP Data and Processes into the Microsoft Sharepoint Environment (especially for non professional user = casual user).

Obviously these casual users need to see, to retrieve or to refresh some BW reports (knowing we are using or will use BO BI 4.0).

It seems DUET Enterprise does not support this scenario .... and we need to use another solution called : BO BI Integration Option for Sharepoint (detailed doc [here|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/400sp2_ioms_getstarted_en.pdf]).

I am confused (I can not picture it) why we need 2 different products (medium - long term).

Could you somebody explain :

1. to confirm we need currently these 2 products

2. why we will need 2 different products in the future ?

?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick and Avishek,

Duet Enterprise does not support Business Objects as yet. This a potential future integration topic that is in planning phase and currently there is no specific timeframe laid out for such an integration.

At the moment business objects provides an SDK which integrates BO reports in SharePoint. This is simple SDK which provides tools necessary for single sign on, user mapping, archiving etc. and also includes relevant web parts for the integration which can be deployed on SharePoint.  Hope this brings some clarity.

avishek_gorai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I was also trying to find some information this topic for the last few days when I came across your thread. There has been a similar discussion earlier in [this SDN thread|;.

After seeing the capabilities of IOMS, I can say these two products are very different. IOMS has different web parts to render BO/BW dashboards, reports ect. whereas Duet Enterprise is an integration platform for connecting various SAP systems (of type ABAP now), using which we can view/operate on any SAP object, integrate workflow and fetch SAP reports as document.

Duet Enterprise provides SSO and role based access to SAP data which seems to be missing in IOMS.

At this point it seems both these products have different capabilities with similarities in report publishing (Duet Enterprise can only publish reports from BI and other ABAP based system directly to SharePoint document library; not sure what IOMS does in this area).

I guess at this point if your requiremtn is to only provide a SharePoint based frontend to Bo/BI IOMS has to be used, however if you need to build applications with SAP data or around SAP processes Duet Enterprise has to be used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

Thanks for your feedback.

I do know DUET offers much more capabilities than to expose reports in Sharepoint.

Let's assume that for an "end-user" there is no difference between SAP / BW / Business Objects : it is SAP.

It will be hard for him to understand that DUET could help to publish traditional SAP ABAP reports in Sharepoint ... but it can not do it for BO reports requiring another SAP solution.

If you think from a product roadmap point of view will you not expect DUET Enterprise to offer the same capabilities as IOMS so we can publish any kind of reports with DUET Enterprise ?

Some SAP people reading this forum may answer.