cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.20 upgrade AUTOMATIC for multiple PCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to upgrade my SAPGUI from 7.10 to 7.20 patch 9. I need to do it in approximately 500 PCs so I would like to distribute it in order to avoid the 500 manual installations.

I have to install SAP GUI 7.20, Engineerig Viewer 7.10, SAP BW 3.5, KW 7.20 and Business Explorer. I have used this command:

SetupAll.exe /product="SAPGUI720ECL710BW350KW720SAPBI" /silent

I have tried to execute it but it does nothing. It shows the window where I have to select the products I want to install. I have tried in some PCs and this window is always shown ¿Is this command correct?

I need to install all the products so they should be authomatically selected and then installed. ¿How can I automatically install all these products with a command that does not need any human participation?

Please, help me.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you have an installation server? If not, create one and create a package with the components you need to install. After this you can install the package to the clients without human participation with the following command:

SERVER\InstallPath\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /install /package="PACKAGENAME" /silent

Kind regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jann,

Thank you for your answer. It was very helpful.

I have used "NwCreateInstServer.exe" to create the installation server and then I have created the package "SAPGUI720_ECL710_BW350_KW720_SAPBI"

Now I only have had to execute the following command:

C:SAPGUI7.20Instalador50105790_4NW_7.0_PresentationPRES1GUIWINDOWSWIN32SetupNwSapSetup.exe /install /package="SAPGUI720_ECL710_BW350_KW720_SAPBI" /silent

I have executed it and it works!! Now I only have to execute it in all the PCs!! I would want to ask one more question. ¿Do you know where is saved (and how) the just created package "SAPGUI720_ECL710_BW350_KW720_SAPBI"? I can not find it...

Many thanks for your great help.

King regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

The package I created is saved in an XML file in directory C:\SAPGUI\7.20\Instalador\50105790_4\NW_7.0_Presentation\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\Setup\SapPackageSetup.xml

This is the XML that is used when you want to install the package.

Thanks again and I hope my experience may help other people.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SISTEMAS SISTEMAS,

Where i can get " NwCreateInstServer.exe " install SAP GUI 7.20 Patch 09 on 320 System

Please tell me the procedure how to do it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to download from sap service marketplace the installation DVD of SAPGUI 7.20.

Follow this path:

Installations and Upgrades / letter 'G' / SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS / SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.20 CORE and download object "50105790_4".

Descompress it and then you will see the " NwCreateInstServer.exe " in this path:

"50105790_4\NW_7.0_Presentation\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\Setup"

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks, much helpful indeed.

also found this useful link here

Regards,

sipho mathye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jann,

Where should I input that command?

Hope to receive feedback since we are trying to do the update on the workstation.

Thank you!

Regards,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

1. Create the installation server. This creates you an image of your future installation (this would be the 'CD' you use to update the software).

2. Now you can copy this image on every PC that you to update and execute the command on each PC or you can send a distribution request to launch that command on every required host using the image you created. For this last option we use a software that automatically distributes the installation.

King Regards,

Javi