cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using file receiver adapter with a different user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a simple question (at least I think it is)

Can I use a file receiver adapter (where the transport protocol is NFS - not FTP)

so that a different user will access the directory (not the usual SAPServiceSID)?

I don't see any place for using username and password, and using the FTP protocol is not possible

because of security reasons.

Any help Appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can I use a file receiver adapter (where the transport protocol is NFS - not FTP)

yes we can use Transport Protocal is NFS but remember that NFS means that it is referring to a file system on PI server.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Thanks for the quick answers.

I'm sorry for not being clear enough before.

I have a microsoft network share on a different server then the PI.

When I use the path:
server\share

I manage to successfully put a file via the file receiver adapter, with NFS as the transport protocol.

However in order to do this, the owner of the share had to give credentials to the user: SAPServiceSID of my PI system

which is an active directory user.

The owner wants me to use a local user instead.

Can this be done with a local user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please refer this blog :

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this link, it seems that I must use FTP.

However I don't understand why can't the PI identify as a different user technically.

is it a restriction of the NFS protocol? or is it a limitation of the PI server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i understood from your Q ....Using NFS and FIle adapter u want to store the file in file server and it should be accessible for few users......if i am correct....then u have to write module and after placing the file in the server the module need to call to change the access credentials for the file.

Regards,

Phani