cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI: importing SAP components runs too long

Former Member
0 Kudos

When importing the 3 required components into my CMS Dev system (they've already been added in the Check-in), the state remains "import running" indefinitely. They are the SAP-JEE, SAP-BUILDT and SAP-JTECHS (all NW04s SPS8).

How long SHOULD these take? How do I reset the queue and do them again if needed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The time required to import these SC's depends greatly on the performance of your hardware. On recent hardware it should not take longer than 15 minutes though.

On thing I can think of: Is the IdleStart flag of the CBS set to false? If it is set to true, the CBS will not service any requests, so make sure it's set to false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The hardware is recent and more than capable. I don't see where the idle flag would be set in the CBS, though. Where is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check/set this using the Visual Admin. See the NWDI installation guide for more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on details tab, which is next to import, in the popup you will see details and log tabs, go to the log tab and check the log file you will see the error.

If you want to reimport, come back to the main screen, click on the deselt button, which is on right side corner and delete the selected queue and click on the unlock the selected component button, you will see the state as waiting for import and you can import it again.

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to import standard SAP components (specifically Java Web Dynpro applications for MSS/PCR) into the Netweaver Studio.

Can anyone advise from where to get these files to import from?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain with more details.

What I understood, you want to customise MSS/PCR applications by using Developer studio.

If this is correct,

Tell me r u using NWDI or not. If you are using then there is a procedure to do that.

Let me know, may be I can give more information.

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balu,

Thanks for the response. Before customizing MSS/PCC application, I would like to review the Java Web Dynpro applications provided by SAP for PCR application.

Is there a way to import these standard SAP Java Web Dynpro applications into your Developer Studio?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

Did you find a soln to the problem. We run NW2004s SP8 as well, and I am seeing the import running indefinitely when I import CRM SCA SAP-SHRWEB which is 190MB. I was however able to import SHRJAV SCA successfully which is 120MB. If you did get over the problem, what change did you make. Thanks.

-Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

whatever the knowledge I have, I believe there is noway to import directly into netweaver developer studio.

Thanks,

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I struggled almost one day today, just to realize that the IdleStart flag should set to false in CBS service (Visual Admin --> Server --> Services --> Component Build Service --> Properties Tab : idleStart set to false. Don't forget to Save the update).

OK, it was my fault not properly doing the post instalation procedure properly, as written in here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/53/75b3407e73c57fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm . But I think the problem was prolonged because there was no error during the process.

The log 'only' shows something like below:

<i>Info:wait until CBS queue of buildspace NW3_MYTRACK_D is completely processed, before starting the import

Info:waiting for CBS queue activity

Info:build process already running: waiting for another period of 30000 ms

</i>

My installation is on the below environment (SAP NWDI 7.0 SP9)

sap.com/SAP-JEECOR  7.00 SP9 (1000.7.00.9.1.20060913120000) 
sap.com/SAP-JEE  7.00 SP9 (1000.7.00.9.0.20060827014500) 

I think because since version 7.0 the installation of NWDI is done through SAPInst, and by default it will install all components (DTR, CBS, CMS). Maybe in order to minimize the resource consumption, by default the CBS building service is set as inactive. (It's also SAP recommendation to put the DTR and CBS server in separate box).

I hope this explanation can save unnecessary headache.

<u>Keywords:</u>

queued request

CBS

import running

importing SCAs

endless import

SAP_JTECHS SAP_BUILDT SAP-JEE

Answers (0)