cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from SAP4.6c to ECC6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are planning to upgrade our SAP system from 46c to ECC6.0. We also have an ESS application that runs on a standalone ITS server 6.40. I understans that ECC6.0 has an integraded ITS server. We are not ready to go to portals right now which I understand is the preffered way to go with ECC6.0. We woul dlike to keep wwrking with the ITS for a while.

Has anyone been involved in this kind of an upgrade? What leassons were learned? What do we have to watch out for?

Thanks, James.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

during a customer project I have migrated the flowlogic service pzm3 (ESS menu) from external ITS

to a dynpro based IAC service in the integrated ITS.

Best regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Can we use PZM3 in integrated ITS?If yes,could you please tell me the exact step by step process to convert PZM3(flow-based service) to PZM3(dynpro-based IAC).

Thanks a ton in adnavance!

Regards.

Santanu

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Help me understand a bit more....if I am reading correctly....You are running ESS via standalone ITS connected to 4.6c and now you are moving to ECC6.0?

a few things...

(1) you could just keep your external ITS and connect to ECC to run "as is"....depends on the services you are using (Web Reporting and Flow Logic is not supported by integrated ITS...also, see#3 below).

(2) if using integrated ITS, you will need to make sure your services are all set-up correctly in t-code SICF. The service parameters have to be set in SICF since internal ITS ignores your "regular" service file parameters and the global.srvc file. Also, make sure the services you use are activated in SICF (fun mistake to hit...haha).

(3) if moving custom ITS services to ECC, make sure the code still works correctly...I know it is common sense, but we found a few changes here and there in standard functions we were calling in our custom code that threw errors.

(4) you can run ESS standalone with ECC either using the Homepage Framework or using your previous methods(I am guessing it is the PZM3 menu or some custom variation of it)

Other than that, it is not too difficult. And even when you do decide to move to the portal, the transition will not be that difficult (especially if you set up your Homepage Framework).

That's all off the top of my head...I will post more if they come to me. Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

We have also done upgrade from 4.7 to ERP2005 and I have performed all the steps that you have specified (till step 3).

In step 4 you mention about using Homepage Framework or previous methods, so I have tried to publish PZM3 service, it gets successfully published but I don't get the same page as I used to get in 4.7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nitin

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

it is not possible to run PZM3 with integrated ITS. The ESS Service PZM3 is based on flowlogic, a legacy programming model no longer support with integrated ITS.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher ,

You are stating in your message

"(1) you could just keep your external ITS and connect to ECC to run "as is"....depends on the services you are using (Web Reporting and Flow Logic is not supported by integrated ITS...also, see#3 below)."

However according to SAP Note 905135 it is not possible to connect stand alone ITS server (6.20) to ECC6.0. We have nevertheless tried it but get indeed the message about an outdated SAPGUI version.

Can you please tell me if you probably have found a bypass for this beacuse we are urgently seeking for a method to use the old PZM3 service after having done an upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6.0

Thanks in advance for your reply.

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the solution is to convert the old PZM3 flowlogic based service to a dynpro based IAC. There is unfortunately no other bypass available.

Best regards,

Klaus