Dogboy - this is for you on Product Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

I followed the following six steps to get the allocation setting in place:

1. Create CVCs in the Planning area, //MC62

2. Copy CVCs to Allocation Group //ATPQ_PAREA_K

3. Create Collective Characteristics //ATPQ_COLLECT

4. Copy the resultant CVCs from the Allocation Group back into the Planning Area //ATPQ_PAREA_C

5. Open book, maintain Allocation quantities //SDP94

6. Close book. Copy Values into Allocation Group //ATPQ_PAREA_R

Then I went to create a sales order but on doing an availability check the 'Product allocation' tab iteslf did not appear and no Product allocation happened.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

ARYANG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aryang,

Lack of the Allocation Icon in the ATP screen means that the material itself has not been set up for allocation in the APO Product master.

I will assume that you have already certified that you have open integration models between ERP and SCM for Sales orders and for ATP check for that Material Master.

You must also maintain the Allocation Procedure/Sequence or Loc-Dependent Allocation Procedure/sequence in the Product master /SAPAPO/MAT1.

For other basic questions about setting up allocation, there is a lot of good information in Best Practices.

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/HTML/S57_EN_DE.htm

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/HTML/S59_EN_DE.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy

I checked the following:

- There is an active integration model for Sales Order

- There is an active Integration model for ATP customizing

-The allocation procedure is well assigned in the Product master ( /sapapo/mat1)

- The allocation values are maintained in the planning book.

- The CVC match b/w the transaction //MC62 & //ATPQ_CHKCHAR and it shows active in //ATPQ_CHKCHAR.

Still, I don't get the Product allocation happen.

-I have seen you many times suggesting the step of //SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_W (transfer data to planning area) just before maintaining the values in the planning area.I didn't much understand the intent of this step but still i did it before maintaining values in the book as you suggest but that also did not help.

-Everything works fine in the development but somehow it is not working in Quality server. The configs were successfully transported from dev to quality and they are in place( connection to planning area etc). I started creating CVCs one by one and following the 6 steps but the allocation icon itself didn't appear.

Kindly suggest something.

ARYANG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aryang,

Well, if it was working in dev, then it the logical conclusion is that you have missed transporting something into qual.

Check your config in qual: /SAPAPO/ATPCQ_CHECK. No Reds!

Also, you must always regenerate the coding for your allocation objects after a transport (into qual). You will have to do this after you move it into prod, as well. /SAPAPO/ATPCQ_RESET and /SAPAPO/ATPCQ_GENER.

Beyond that suggestion, it would have to be some detail you have overlooked. I can't troubleshoot such things from a distance. You just have to go over all the steps you performed to create the functionality in dev, and then make sure you have duplicated those steps in qual.

Best Regards & good luck,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy

Thanks for the help. As per your suggestion I checked everything from scratch and followed the following step:

-Delete EVERY CVC from your allocation group. //ATPQ_CHKCAR --> done

-Delete every CVC from your PA but one. This one should have no wild cards, a 'real' value in every field. //MC62 --> done

-I tried to reactivate the POS but it did not deactivate in the first place.

-Reinitialized the planning area --> done

-//ATPCQ_RESET --> done

-//ATPCQ_GENER --> done

-//ATPCQ_CHECK --> No red

Then I repeated all the 6 steps (copy b/w allocation object & planning area) mentioned above and guess what, it worked !!!!

I will still like to understand 2 things from you:

1. Why did the MPOS did not deactivate? Reactivation of POS which you suggest did not happen because of that.

2. The importance of the step /ATPQ_PAREA_W and when should we actually do it.

Please enlighten.

Aryang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aryang,

Why did the MPOS did not deactivate?

Normally, when you perform the deactivation of a MPOS, and there is a problem, you will get an error message or a dump. You didn't mention 'deactivate MPOS' in any of your steps above, how did the system react when you attempted to deactivate?

The importance of the step /ATPQ_PAREA_W and when should we actually do it.

This step is only required when you are performing product allocation in the Allocation Group, and not directly in the Planning area (this is the most common scenario) This is important to do whenever you are setting up, and just before EVERY time you maintain allocations in DP. In this scenario, DP is not perpetually updated with the latest consumption data. Only by copying it from the Group to the PA will you have up-to-date Product allocation data in the planning book.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy

Thanks a lot for the help.

I had got the below message ( there was no error) when i tried to deactivate the POS:

Planning object structure deactivation failed

Message no. /SAPAPO/TSM792

Aryang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aryang,

Unfortunately, this is a generic message.

A common reason for failure to deactivate a MPOS is authorization. Immediately after the attempt, run an SU53 to see if the security system was the thing that prevented the deactivation.

Also, you can review the log SLG1 to look for detailed error messages.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy

Thanks for your immense help. Yes, it was authorization issue for the POS which was preventing me from deaactivating it.

You rock !!!

ARYANG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

I am going for my first implementation i am a sap pp consultant please suggest me some tips

Answers (0)