cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Error on Sales order :Critical:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm creating a sales order, where in I'm getting Pricing Error.

Condition record is maintained for PR00 in USD

It is getting populated but showing red signal.

VPRS also showing Red signal. If I go in analysis of VPRS , it shows message exchage rate error. But Company code currency & document currency is same USD.

so It should not give this error.

But If I go to customer master & in sales area tab & maintain currency as USD, then there is no error in Sales order. All is fine.

But logically , system should not ask the exchage rate as Company code & document currency both are USD.

I expect some quick replies as we are now in impact analysis & on verge of go live next month.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI - Its a standard beheviour, Document currency is proposed/determined in sales order or billing doc on the bases of customer master record of the Sold-to Party.

For reference:

-

-

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jpfriends for your quick reply & help.

But in this case. the company code currency is USD, Document currency is in USD & condition record maintained is also in USD. Still I'm getting error in determining PR00 record & VPRS.

But only if I give USD currency in customer master then there is no error. So my point is why this is happening. as currency is same everywhere the exchange rate should not come in picture.

Mandar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats what I mention in previous post that

Its a standard beheviour, Document currency is proposed/determined in sales order or billing doc on the bases of customer master record of the Sold-to Party.

And exchange rate for same currency is out of question.

Thats why, when maintain curreny in customer master (Sold-to Party), you don't get error.

As, system is able determine/propose a currency for document currency.

Further, what you can do is press F1 button on the following fie,lds for more clarification.

> Sales Order - Header - Sales Tab - Pricing & Statistics Section - Doc. Currency Field

> Customer Master - Sold-to Party - Sales Data - Sales Tab - Currency Field

I hope that clarifies.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JPfriends for your reply.

So can you please confirm my understanding, that we at any point of time have to maintain the currency in Customer master record of Sold to party in Sales area tab?

Thanks & regards

Mandar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, your understanding is correct (this is with regard to sales orders and billing document).

Regards

JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you said (system should not ask the exchage rate as Company code & document currency both are USD ) is true.But as per my knowledge taxes concerned this will be taken in to local currency,for that we maintain exchange rate in T.code OB08 and will maintain exchange rate type in customer master.

Regards

Ram