cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dms-error-help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP DMS experts,

I have am facing error in DMS which I am not able to figure it out, below are the details.

Customer requirements,

Customer doesnu2019t have any other DMS systems and this is the first time he is going for the same. He will be having his files (CAD/PDFs) on his desk top which needs to be loaded in DMS. We have decided on document types, number ranges etc.

My settings,

We have decided to go for KPRO and content server has been tested by our basis guy. Content server shows green and running. This storage category to which content repository is assigned is displaying while I am checking in the file also.

Settings done in data carrier section also are,

Data carrier type for server front end -

type ---PC, path -

C:\temp\ and checked online indicator.

I have not put any details in section of define servers and files and folders. In identify front end computers I clicked on button default it showed it has taken, front end computer-Default, Data Carr. Type -

PC, Netw.addressDEFAULT, Description---Default for local PC

Also currenlty I have not defined anything new in workstation application, as I am initially trying with normal pdf upload.

Problem---- when I try to upload the file, I check in to defined storage category the file will show closed lock means checked in but when I click on save, system shows the error u201CError while checking in and storing: C:\Documents and settings\sai\desktop\abcd.pdf.u201D Error message number Message no. 26253. But strange thing is DIR number gets generated.

After search in sdn also I did not find perfect answer even after 3 days of trials in various ways, hence please help.

Regards,

sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saimaruthi,

Please ask ur Basis guys to check the settings on Content server.

There are some specific settting in Internet Service Manager (ISM), of Content server.

Ask him to check all points mentioned in Content server Installation Guide.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on Dec 19, 2011 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello team,

Thanks for all the guidance, some how i have asked basis guy also to help me on the same. Still i am in same problem and my fingers are crossed. Let me put few more points which ran in my mind while doing this,

1) When we give content server and stroage category to a customer is there a need of data carrier to be worked on compulsorily? If so is it only the settings in PC section with %auto. %auto.?

2) I read in one of docs that maintaining profile will be enough, hence in define profile section i have given key profile name as DMS, have given the defined storage category, have left role as blank, work directory same as storage category. Not sure whether i am on correct path?

2) Is it linked to statuses by any chance? I mean is it like file will get checked in to the server only when status something like "O" or archive is set

regards,

sai

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check the status of content repository using csadmin. Is it running ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak/Kannan,

Yes i checked in CS admin it shows running and green light.

Currently i am checking only on pdf files in sand box for Ecc 6.0. I have defined data carriers as below,

application as pdf, file format as stat dot pdf. tick mark in start application and start authorization. should i define start work station application network for kpro if so currently i have given as data carrier type as PC, application type 2 and path with programme name as %auto%.

Do i need to do anything in define tempaltes for original files and set up office integration?

I am notsure as this is first time for me.

regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you no need to setup templates and just mention; " file format as stat dot pdf. tick mark in start application and start authorization. define start work station application network , application type 2 and path with programme name as %auto%. %auto% and save it.

Regards

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kannan,

As you said i have given %auto%.%auto% in path with prog. name is there space after dot and before second word %auto% or is it continuous?

But some how i have facing same error still. Should we give anything in path for ref.file?

and anything in the sections "define templates for original files" and "set up office integration"?

regards,

sai

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also currenlty I have not defined anything new in workstation application, as I am initially trying with normal pdf upload.

You need to define workstation application for each document type configured. Please do it and re-check the check-in.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I checked on the same, you are pointing to the field Dafault appli and Dis WS applic. fields which are the bottom end of the document type while defining right? I have given their the WS application as pdf but even then facing the same problem.

Or if setting is available any where else please let me know.

Should by any chance define something in define transport of originals for ALE?

what about that %auto.%auto is there space after dot or should i define anything in path for ref file in DC30

regards,

sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1) Pleaes check whether the PDF format is defined for the workstation application, if it is ok check its all settings.check the Work Station Application for the format which you are trying to checking and storing.

2) A part from this if possible try to install new version SAP GUI. Previously i was also facing the same issue, by installing new version of SAP GUI with ECL Viewer it resolved my problem. Take help of your basis consultant.

3) The transport is not done properly by request. Ask basis person to transport the repository properly then your problem will get resolved. There is no setting from functional side for this.

Regards

kannan