cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control List function use in Project System module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

[http://www.mediafire.com/?byiz32db3mw0u5j]

Hi Experts,

Iu2019m trying to use the Access Control List (ACL) to further detail the authorization for project in Project System (PS) module.

I have activated the ACL indicator and Project profile and Network profile already. Please see the project structure and authorization role used ACL in the attached file.

When I logged in by user B, it worked fine in Project Builder (CJ20N). User B can only access WBS element u201CGroup Bu201D and its subordinate WBS elements.

But when I went to Project Structure Overview (CN41N) by user B, the system not only shows WBS element u201CGroup Bu201D, but also the Network 1 (which was assigned to user A and should not be seen by user B)?

And when I go to Plan/Actual/Commitment report (S_ALR_87013533) by user B, the system show all objects (included the WBS element u201CGroup Au201D and its subordinate WBS elements) which should not be seen by user B.

The requirement of my customers is: When WBS element u201CGroup Bu201D and its subordinate WBS elements were assigned to user B, user B can only access WBS element u201CGroup Bu201D and its subordinate WBS elements, cannot access others.

Could you please help me to give the suggestion for this scenario?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if this note will help you. Note 638781.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

Thanks for your note. But it's about SAP general authorization, not about Access Control List.

Best regards,

Khoa Huynh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This requirement can be done through ACL only and not through General Authorisation.

Best Regards,

P Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

You are correct. Can you give me the suggestion for my scenario?

Thanks and best regards,

Khoa Huynh