cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How/where to download EP 6.0/WEB AS 6.40 for MySQL MAXDB database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know you can download the trial version of Netweaver 2004 from SDN but I am looking to install Netweaver 2004 EP and WEB AS 6.40 (full version) on a 2nd desktop machine (running WINXP) that my company purchased as a development box for me. We have NW2004 and EP installed on a dev, test, and PRD box but we wanted to have a local version of the portal so that I can turn on things like the debugger and what-not myself without having to go through basis folks. Any info on this would be much appreciated. I did browse on the site https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/swdc which appears to be where I need to go to find what I am looking for but did not have any luck- I kept being directed toward downloads for Oracle or Informix but not something that could be used with MySQL. I do have the document "Installation of SAP Enterprise Portal on Web AS 6.40" that I will use as a guide to do the installation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dana,

The Service Marketplace software distribution center (/swdc below) is the correct place to download the DVD's that are necessary. However, the available DVD's shown are what is allowed under your company's contract with SAP. That is, the reason you keep seeing Oracle and Informix is probably because that is all your company is licensed for.

Just talk to your SAP Account Team about the terms of your license and you should be able to get it updated to include MaxDB.

The SAP NetWeaver Master Guide and Installation Guides available at Service Marketplace quicklink /instguides will show you the software that is necessary.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Answers (0)