cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maturation planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Consultants

So i have requirement which is maturation time. Its similar to producing cheese where the product has to be in storage untill its completely matured and then checked and the deployed. My proposed solution is to increase the processing time in ECC which will be enough for product to mature and then deployed!.. If any one has any solution or if they have done similar planning then please reply me. I am using SNP Heuristics and capacity levelling.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You can plan with shelf life in SNP.

The Maturation Time exists in the product master of SCM (transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1, tab Properties):

Maturation Time:

Required period between production of the material and its use. Currently not filled via CIF. Value is always in days.

[Planning with Shelf Life Data in SNP|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/13/6c8c3c59021315e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Edited by: Frank Horlacher on Dec 20, 2011 12:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the inputs... I was unaware of this option in APO (though I have read a little on shelf life planning). This was really useful info. This is the best part of being in the forums

Could you please let us know if this is respected by all SNP tools (Heu/Opt/CTM) and also in PPDS?

Does it work only if shelf life planning is enabled or it can work independently also?

My apologies to siruppa (I gave you many devious approaches when there was a direct solution)...

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siruppa,

If the product is not ready to be deployed/dispatched before maturation, It is better to increase the processing time only because technically the product is ready to be serviced before maturation.

But does it require maturation in manufacturing location or during transit also it can mature (may be silly, just clarifying to be sure).

If maturation in transit is possible and your minimum transit time is greater than maturation time then you need not plan for maturation as part of processing time.

But I see you have said it also needs to be checked and deployed. Does it mean inspection? In that case you have to definitely include this in processing time followed by Inspection time.

Another work around would be to not include CC in ATD receipts category group. This will mean though processing is completed the stocks will not automatically deployed. After maturation and checking you can move the stocks to another custom category in APO (say ZA) and deploy only only ZA.

For example you have produced 100 nos - this will be in CC

let us say only 30 have completed maturation. you can create a stock 0f 30 in ZA category (you can also have a utility program to do this). Now since only ZA is included in ATD Rec and not CC only a maximum of 30 will be deployed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashok