cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLAR02 The document cannot be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have developed a program that uploads files massively to Solution Manager, and the upload process works fine.

But when i try to edit a document that i uploaded using this program, the systems shows me this popup message.

The document cannot be changed.

Because:

it was copied from a template.

it was copied from the Business Process

Repository.

it is saved in a different context.

The document is flagged for copying, e.g.

because you are in a copied project.

<ZH>It has been copied.</>

The reference to the original document is

replaced by a reference to the copy.

Has anybody seen this before or why is this message being showed.

Kind regards

Jon

Edited by: Jon Azkorra on Dec 17, 2011 2:09 PM

Edited by: Jon Azkorra on Dec 17, 2011 2:15 PM

Edited by: Jon Azkorra on Dec 17, 2011 4:30 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

where did you stored the documents phisically? maybe it could be identifying the document as coming from a template because you stored it at solar00 folder which is reserved for templates as mentioned here: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/rBoMDg Try storing them at the projects folder.

Also check how you're creating the LOIO and PHIO assignment of the document.

kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

I think you are right i must specify the folder i want to store the documentation. I tried to call method CL_SA_DOC_FACTORY=>UPLOAD_DOC with the correct folder title, folder technical name and folder group but the same message is being showed when i try to edit the document, and if i try to see the documents attribute i do not see the folder it is associated to. Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

It is complicate to think what could be the reason for it. The mass upload function was never created because uploading documents involves a lot of assignments depending on where you're uploading it. It is very complicated to create such a function. There are assignments refering the type of document, status, project,solution, test plan, structure, digital signature(when used) , locks, versions, history, creator and many other attributes.

I wouldn't recommend to try this without being very sure of what you're doing. I'm out of ideas regarding this error. It could be a lot of things.

kind regards, Fabricius

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also facing the same error. When i am trying to copy a document placed in Project Documentation tab in an Implementation project and inserting a link to ---> General Documentation tab in Template project.

Now after linking the document, when i try to edit the document again in the Project Doc tab in Implementation project, it throws the above mentioned message and tries to create a copy of the document instead.

Note: I am facing this issue with a particular implementation project only. There is no such problem in other implementation project.

Also please let me know if it is possible to make General Documentation tab editable in Implementation projects in Solman because that would ease out a lot of tasks for us.

Thanks

Rajat Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Gen Documentation tab should only be edited inside of template projects.

see the following URLs:

General Documentation - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Template Projects - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Documents in Solar01 and Solar02 - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

best regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

I agree. But what if i need to use a document created in Implementation project and for that when i link it to General Doc tab of template project. Then i am unable to edit the document in the implementation project and it is throwing the above mentioned error.

Regards

rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Is it possible to enable General Documentation tab for editing in Implementation projects.

This will solve out problem for the moment as we are comparing and adjusting (folders and documents) from Implementation project to Template project after every project go live.

Regards

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Sorry for the delay, I was out of office.

If you really wish to switch off this protection you can use report SM_FOLDER_NO_REFCOPY. Please see note 1236369 for details

In your case you would need to add the 'Technical Folder Name' SOLAR00 using the report Start report SM_FOLDER_NO_REFCOPY At 'Technical Folder Name' enter SOLAR00 and press the add button this inserts a new entry in table IWBSETTING. You should find in this table afterwards and entry with NAME = SM_FOLDER_NO_REFCOPY and VALUE = SOLAR00

Afterwards when you try to change the documents (or their attributes) from within the implementaion project the document should not be copied anymore

But please ba aware of the fact when using this that as of then the original document in the template can be changed from within every project type.

bets regards,

Fabrcius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

There is one funny thing i forgot to mention. We are not facing this error for some old implementation projects and only facing the error for impl. projects created after a certain timeline. I am not able to figure out what was changed which is causing the copy of documents being created in impl. projects after they are moved to General tab in template project. Could this be related to change in document context. 

But anyways thanks for the help. I will try the above solution and test this thing in Dev systems before we go for production. Will keep you posted.

Regards

Rajat Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

The report runs fine and it helped resolve the issue. Just to add here that we needed to run the report for each implementation project separately.

Thanks for your support and help. Really appreciated.

Regards

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Can we also make the General Documentation tab editable in Implementation projects. We want to use this functionality for special cases. Please suggest.

Regards

Rajat

former_member240824
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Ok. Got it!

Let me explain my situation to see if you can help me:

I have a Maintenance Project, which has structure and documentation from a Template Project.

From what I understood, it is not possible to edit a document directly in a Maintenance Project if this document is derived from a Template Project, correct? The only option is to create a copy of the document?

The problem here is the document version control in the different projects.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Fernanda Viveiros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Fabricius,

I have seen that the files are being stored in the correct folder in the KW workbench.

So the reason to show the message i told you is not the incorrect folder assignment, do you have any idea?

I have been lookign for the properties of the documents i upload from my program and documents that are uplodaded from solar01 and there is one difference, the documents i upload from solar have a property called bussines object and the others no.

MErry Christmas!!

kind regards.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

regarding your question, sorry but I'm out of ideas.

kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernanda,

It depends, if the document is in the "general documentation" tab, then it can only be edit in the template projects. Other copied documents can be edited in the projects normally.

regaridng the version management, it only depends on how you're going to organize your documentation. You may use the documents in general documentation to keep always the projects up to date with the template's versions, or use other tabs documents as specific for each project.

In the case of maintenance projects, you may also associate the structure to a solution and work along with the solution.

kind regards, Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again Fabricius,

I have been debugging standard code and i have seen the reason why the message is being showed.

In the include program LSOLAR05FB9 in line 421 there's the next piece of code

IF p_marked_item-dlockflag IS NOT INITIAL OR p_marked_item-change_context IS NOT INITIAL.

in the documents i upload manually the field p_marked_item-change_context is initial but with the documents i upload with my report, no. Doesthis give you any idea?

Kind regards

JOn

Edited by: Jon Azkorra on Jan 1, 2012 9:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

I have found the reason, i did not inform the value of the table IT_CONTEXTin the method CL_SA_DOC_FACTORY->UPLOAD_DOC.

Thank u very much for your help.

Kind Regards

Jon

former_member240824
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm going through the same situation, but only for some documents. The documents are stored in the project folder.

Apparently, this message is displayed to prevent accidental copy of a document (see Note 1121516 - Unintentional copying of documents). https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1121516

Best Regards,

Fernanda Viveiros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernanda,

but this is a different scenarios from the one stated by Jon. He have uploaded massively his documents. This message originaly related to the copy of projects. Not all the documents are copied in the moment of copy. Just some tabs are copied, the other documents are flagged for copy.

The documents flagged will only be really copied when you first access them or edit them in the copied project. This happens to avoid a mass copy of documents when copying big projects

kind regards, Fabricius