Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump on screen when configuring Process controlled workflow

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing 1 problem in SAP SRM 7 ehp1. I am configuring Process controlled workflow. Previous workflow settings was Application controlled workflow as its been upgraded from SRM 5. If i run a RFX (BUS2200) cycle in application controlled workflow environment, it works flawlessly.

But when i change my workflow framework to process controlled workflow for all Business Objects. I face a dump when I am creating an RFX. The dump on the portal is:

http://dl3803.ltisap.com:8040/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif

DATREF_NOT_ASSIGNED

No access possible via the 'NULL' data reference

Method: PARTICIPATING_IN_ACTIVE_WF of program /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDA_WF_ADJ=CP

Method: EDIT_DURING_WORKFLOW of program /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDA_WF_ADJ=CP

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_META_CONF_BO~GET_BO_HDR_ACTION_METADATA of program /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_META_CONF_PROV=CP

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_META_CONSUMER~GET_ACTION_METADATA of program /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_META_BO_RFQ====CP

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_META_CONSUMER~GET_ACTION_METADATA of program /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_META_BO_RFQ_ADVCP

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_META_CONSUMER~GET_ACTION_METADATA of program /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_META_HANDLER===CP

Method: UPDATE_ACTIONS of program /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_MAP_IDENT====CP

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_CLL_MAPPER~REFRESH of program /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_MAP_IDENT====CP

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_CLL_MAPPER~REFRESH of program /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_IDEN_MAP_RFQ=CP

Method: OVERRIDE_LEAVE_INIT_SCREEN of program /SAPSRM/CL_FPM_OVRIDE_OIF=====CP

& when i check in st22. I get the dump as:

Category ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors DATREF_NOT_ASSIGNED

ABAP Program /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDA_WF_ADJ=CP

Application Component SRM-EBP-PD

Date and Time 17.12.2011 15:46:56

and get dump at:

1 method PARTICIPATING_IN_ACTIVE_WF.

2 " this method returns ABAP_TRUE if the logon user has an active work item,

3 " i.e. he participates in an active approval workflow process.

5 DATA lv_curr_workitem_id TYPE /sapsrm/wf_workitem_id.

6 DATA lr_process_info TYPE ref to /SAPSRM/S_PDO_WF_PROCESS_INFO.

8 " the default:

9 rv_participates_in_active_wf = abap_false.

11 " The scenario is not valid for application-controlled workflow:

12 " Any agents who may edit the document (approver and requester)

13 " enter "Edit" mode right-away. No special handling possible.

14 lr_process_info = io_apf_md_context->get_process_info_ref( ).

>>> IF lr_process_info->wf_version NE /sapsrm/if_wf_process_c=>GC_APF_VERSION_0200.

16 return.

17 endif.

19 " check if a valid workitem exists

20 lv_curr_workitem_id = io_apf_md_context->get_workitem_id( ).

21 IF lv_curr_workitem_id IS INITIAL.

22 RETURN.

23 ENDIF.

the only configuration I change in the system is I changed the workflow framework to process controlled workflow.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Once you have switched from ACW to PCW, you cannot switch back to ACW. This is irreversible. Even SAP will not be able to help you with this.

Since you have upgraded from SRM 5 to SRM 7 and if you intend to continue your ACW from SRM 5 onwards, you can set up a new client and activate ACW for Rfx. Else you can configure PCW for your Business Objects in the current client.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

I agree with Nikhil suggestion here with regards to the setup of new client with ACW.

IF you don't want to do so, you have to raise a ticket to SAP to get your issue resolved.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

As per standard SAP recommendations the application-controlled workflow framework is only intended to be used if you are upgrading from SAP SRM 5.0 or earlier and you need to continue using your existing work-flows.

The default workflow framework setting is the process-controlled workflow from SRM 6.0 on-wards and the user will be provided a option to switch to the application-controlled workflow framework. The option to switch to process-controlled workflows is available only after you have once switched to application-controlled work flows but there will be a big caution that " If you switch from the application-controlled workflow framework to the process-controlled workflow framework; once a process-controlled workflow has been run, it is not supported that you switch back to application-controlled work-flows".

As per the details given i got a feel that we have tried executing the scenario by switching between application and process controlled workflow and hence the system have become inconsistent and its dumping.

I suggest you to raise a OSS ticket to SAP to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,

Rahul

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul, Thanks for your response.

The points you said about the conditions, I clearly understand that. But are you really confident that this is the real problem and there is no other way round to except to raise an OSS ticket to SAP.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks

Anand