Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business process for Service related Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We have a business scenarion as per following:

A Customer has given an Order for providing a Service related to repairing of a Machine at customer site . To repair the machine , we have to send our engineer at customer site and also need to engage an outside expert . The expense related to travelling of our engineer and engaging of outside expert (by a route of service purchase order) also need to be booked against the customer service order . Finally a Service Invoice will be raised to customer . We also need to know the expense/income against the rendered service (in reference of customer service order) .

We are not aware of the steps to be followed as per the SAP recommended practices for such a scenarion and request SAP experts to kindly guide us about the steps to be followed .

We will be highly greatful to you for the kind help pl .

With thanks and Regards

Sonia Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, you need a 'cost collector' sales order item for the service sales, for which purpose, you need determine a correct 'requriement type' for the item.. You can config one with refenence to 'KE' (CO part, and the 'KE' is for 'ETO' scenario).. WIth such kind of sales order item, you can direct post cost to the item via such as F-02, or CO cost assignement tcode.. You can also issue material consumption to the item via movement type 231.. And you can post the cost directly to it from external purchasing...

Secondly, regarding the tcode DP90/91, it depends on how you determine the selling price..If the selling price can only be calculated based on the actual cost you spend after the service has been done, or you want to get the actual profite from sales order, use DP90/91.. If the selling price is confirmed between you and your customer at the beginning (before the start of service), you do not need DP90/91..

The last, you can consider CS module also if you have a lot of service business.. In CS module, service notification + sales order + service order can provide a completed solution for service busienss...

Edited by: Ryan_Liu on Dec 19, 2011 5:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for posting a nice reply .

I am not able to understand as what steps should I follow to make the Sales-Order line item as 'Cost Collector' .

At present , the Sale-Order line item is assigned with a Material Code of material type as 'DIEN' and Gen-Item Category is 'DIEN' in the sales-2 view of the material .

If we carry out any transaction (e.g Material issuance / Service-Order creation) in reference of the Sale-Order item then following error message gets displayed :

" Sales order has no CO object Message no. CO323 " .

We request you to kindly help us pl .

With Regards

Sonia Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh... It would be a long story.. I m trying to explain and hope it help..

I m not sure if you can change configuration or not.. If you can, please try below way..

1, Check/config requirement class: spro->SD->Basic function->ATP and transfer requirement->Define requirement classes.. You can use 039 or create your own one with reference to 039.. Please kindly take note that all the CO parameter should be correctly set.. i.e. account assignment, settlement profile, RA key....

2, Check/config requirement type: spro->SD->Basic function->ATP and transfer requirement->Define requirement types.. You can use 'SE' which is linked to '039' or you can create your own one linked to the requirement class defined by you..

3, Make sure your sales order item can determine this requirement type.. For this purpose, you have 2 ways..

i.. Determine by sales order item category..spro->SD->Basic function->ATP and transfer requirement->Determination Of Requirement Types Using Transaction.. Under this configration, you can establish the link between sales order item category and requirement type..

ii.. Or you can determine the requirement type by material master.. spro->Production->Production planning->Demand management->Planned Independent Requirement->Planning Strategy->Define Strategy & Define Strategy group.. You can create a new strategy by assigning the requirement type and then assign your strategy to a new strategy group and finally maintain the strategy group into your service material MRP3 view..

Roughly, after above configurations, the service sales process can work... The front-end opreation steps might include..

1, Create a sales order..

2, Issue material consumption.. MIGO/MB1A via movement type 231..

3, FI posting or CO cost assignment..

4, External service purchasing (Please take note that you need input a correct account assignment in your purchasing order)

5, Billing creation.

6, Result analysis (tcode:KKA3, a step in month end process)

7, Sales order settlement (tcode:VA88, a step in month end process)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, the error message tells you that your sales order item is not a 'cost collector'..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This scenario can be handled through Resources Related Billing (Tcode DP90).

For exercising this you may need a relvanet DIP profile (Tcode ODP1)

Kindly search and do little research on the same.

If you find any concern, do revert back.

And I believe our fellow forum member will agree that there are lot of information is flowing around for that.

Regards

JP