cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to restrict fields in MDM Data Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is the following scenario possible in MDM?

I have a look up table say Country:- INDIA,UK,US,AUS. when you select a particular look up table value he should be entering a particular fileds on the main table levle only and all other field value should be read only... Wondering is it possible to resctirct with out creating a specific user for each look up value?

Main Table:

Name

Country

INDIA Specific attribute Value

UK Specific attribute Value

US Specific attribute Value

AUS Specific attribute Value

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev, As suggested please see the concept of mask

If you would like to see only that records that are not associated with any mask.You can follow the approach as described in this below blog

also see some good link around mask concept

hope this helps you.

thx

deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your inputs but my question is not about how to restrict the user not to see the records but instaed how can I restrict a user not to enter values in the fields whcih are not relevant to the country he select while creating a brand new record in MDM.

Example:

Main Table:

Name

Country

INDIA Specific attribute Value

UK Specific attribute Value

US Specific attribute Value

AUS Specific attribute Value

so when user comes and create a new record in MDM ..if he selects Coutnry look up table value as INDIA then he should be able to enter value only in INDIA specific attribute value and all other fields should be disable..

As I mentioned I dont want to have specific user for each country.. Please suggest.

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

one way to achieve this would be to build Logical validations.

Regards,

Sharma

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as MDM data manager is concerned, you cannot make the fields readonly dynamically .

so the scenario you require is not possible in data manger.

you can have the validations which may check for the data entered, but they will also not make fields readonly.

Thanks

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In data manager this is not possible.

If possible, you may define roles as per countries and assign the users country specific role.

If you have an SAP Enterprise Portal (EP),, in your landscape, you may have a code developed in JAVA or ABAP API developed which will have your requirement solved.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You maylook into the concepts of Masks.

For documentation, you may refer to the MDM Data Manager Guide and Console Guide.

Regards,

Abhishek