cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI idocs & Tax Jurisdiction Error

tom_samata
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am try to process an inbound ORDERS05 idoc into a sales order. The ship-to address in the idoc is not the address of the ship-to customer number. When the idoc is processed I get an error for the tax jurisdiction: Jurisdiction code 3615300201 does not correspond to address entered. This jurisdiction code is from the customer master.

I would like it to re-determine the jurisdiction code based on the ship-to address from the idoc. Is there a way to do this?

I found during debugging that if I wipe out the IM_COUNTY & IM_TAXJURCODE fields in function TAX_TXJCD_DETERMINE_CHECK when the idoc is being processed it will determine the correct jurisdiction automatically.

Thanks

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tom_samata
Explorer
0 Kudos

The partner functions are maintained correctly (with the appropriate tax jurisdiction). The problem occurs because the ship-to address is being changed in the idoc. When this happens during normal sales order creation (VA01) the jurisdiction is automatically re-determined based on the changed ship-to address. I need the same behavior from the idoc.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the path path SPRO->Sales and distribution -> Basic function ->taxes->maintain sales tax identification number determination. Here for the sales org, if blank is maintained and then if there is no tax code maintained, then the system will pull from ship-tp party (You can read by pressing F1 in the field). If this will not workable solution, then try to use user exit userexit_pricing_prepare_tkomk in program MV45AFZZ for sales orders and the same exit in program RV60AFZZ to influence the billing document.

Regards,

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

i would suggest that setting up all relevant partner functions (XD02) for your customer is more correct approach rather than to re-determine this code during an idoc processing...

regards,