cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit logon to TDMS Receiver system as dialog user from central system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way I can explicitly logon to receiver system as my dialog user from tdms central system without changing tdms receiver rfc destination. In TDMS HCM it is possible to logon to sender system as a dialog user by setting SND_LOGON to 'X').

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Din

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In TDMS HCM a dialog user is used to connect to the remote systems, which is not the case for other solution, in which we use a communication user. So using a communication user it is not possible to logon to the receiver system.

If you change the user type from communication to dialog you will be able to do the same.

I hope i understood your query correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did try replacing the TDMS communication user with another dialog user in the receiver system's RFC connection from Control system. That worked fine. I have added some new custom activities in postprocessing phase of the TDMS Timeslice Migration process tree. Few of them are kind of executing some t-codes in receiver system. If the user defined in rfc destination is dialog user then only the remote login works and the activity will be executed in receiver system. But I would like to execute the activity in receiver system without changing the TDMS RFC connections.

Thanks

Din

Former Member
0 Kudos

Communication user is only for background communication between system. If you do not want to change RFC and want to logon to the receiver system then at the time of setting up RFC connections for a package you need to take care that the type of RFC connection is set to Dialog.