cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender OS Command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know where the operating system command runs when used in jdbc sender adapter , In PI or in the database after executing the sql queries? I am wondering if i can use a Stored procedure through a script in database. Any help appreciated .And forgive me for my ignorance Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes i posted the thread after going through almost everything available on the internet , its still not clear.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend you to handle stored procedure through script in the database level. you just create jdbc message structure as PI recommends and connect to database.

something similar to below ...

<StatementName>

<storedProcedureName action=u201D EXECUTEu201D>

<table>realStoredProcedureeName</table>

<param1 [isInput=u201Dtrueu201D] [isOutput=true] type=SQLDatatype>val1</param1>

</storedProcedureName >

</StatementName>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your reply Bhasker , but the thing which is bothering me is in JDBC SENDER ADAPTER the option RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND is executed in the PI server or the JDBC server where PI is attacking to fetch the data.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
, but the thing which is bothering me is in JDBC SENDER ADAPTER the option RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND is executed in the PI server or the JDBC server where PI is attacking to fetch the data

Executed on PI server not data base, Sedner Adapter pick sup the data based on your configuration(Data base tables),but script also picks up the data based on logic u writen in script. it can pull the data from FTP .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A lot every one especially Bhasker and Raja Shekhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you can do is :

Create a multi Mapping.

JDBC Sender DT - JDBC Receiver STored Procedure DT and

JDBC Sender DT - Actual Receiver .

Key points to remember is , on Interface Determination .. maintain order runtime ..... this will help to execute first Stored procedure then your actual target , if stored procedure fails then other interface will also not execute as maintain runtime order is checked.

REgards

PS