cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle a Model based on WSDL that is changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm creating a webdynpro application based on several webservices. I created a model based on the WSDL of the webservices (just like in the e-mail demo). Now the WSDL has changed, new services are added and others have changed. How can I adopt these changes without deleting the model and recreating half the application again?

Thanks,

Jacco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to create a new model with a new name and in a new package based on the new WSDL.

BUT: You do not have to reimplement the whole application if you follow some guidelines:

• The model is not directely visible for the application. You have one certain custom controller (for example the component controller of a component, which wrapps the concrete model).

• You have to adopt only some internal stuff if the "model component". All other application components or views are only using the model component (for example by mapping the context nodes).

Doing this, a WSDL update is only visible inside the model component and thw complete application using this model component is independet of the concrete model.

Best regards

Jochen