cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of WD4A in Business Suite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

a customer asked me where WebDynpro ABAP is used in Business Suite/ERP. I didn't find any information about this.

Do you have an overview for the Use of SAPGUI / WD4A / FPM in current versions of SAP products?

I just had in mind that within HCM many functions (for employees) are realized with WD4A...

Regards

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In general Webdynpro Technologies are used to develop the front end or user interfaces of business applications running

on sap back end system. For example if you take a business packages like ESS or MSS the functionality is running on back end system where as the user interfaces where the users enters/views some data are developed by using webdynpro java or webdynpro abap

The front end developed by these webdynpro technologies are integrated into the SAP Enterprise portal where user login and use the applications

FPM is a kind of frame work used to develop the business packages front end applications

Regards

KALYAN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christopher,

well, I don't have an overview. As a technical approach I would look at TA SE80 and search for objects of type "Web Dynpro Application".

I know of WDA-Applications in ERP HCM for Employee Self-Services as well as Manager Self-Services, E-Recruiting (EhP4), Learning Solution. There is also a new application for Transportation Management which heavily relies on FPM.

Just my 2 cent, sERPentine