cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form and List GUIBB on one Page - How to "transfer" data (7.01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

within GAF i have above a Form UIBB and beneath a List GUIBB. I want to enter values in Form UIBB and click on custom button "ADD". Then these value shall be shonw in List GUIBB.

How to ensure that Methods of Form UIBB (process_event) is called BEFORE methods (get_data) of List UIBB?

I read that there is no way to ensure this (7.01), is that correct?

Thanks and regards

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Method PROCESS_EVENT of the GUIBBs is always called before method GET_DATA of the GUIBBs. The latter method is called at the time point PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT. However, it is not simply possible to enforce calling method PROCESS_EVENT of GUIBB A earlier than method PROCESS_EVENT of GUIBB B. In order to enforce that sequence you have to implement the WD interface IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER. This interface offers methods such as BEFORE_PROCESS_EVENT or AFTER_PROCESS_EVENT, and some more...

former_member387251
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

I have a similar use case wherein in a GAF I have a Form UIBB with a custom button and a List UIBB at the bottom.

This is how I have tried to implement it.

1. In my GAF Component Controller 'OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF' method, I fetch the UIBB keys and then remove the List UIBB using the method 'IO_GAF->REMOVE_UIBB'.

2. On click of the Action button in the Form, I can read the event again in the GAF Component Controller 'OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF' method wherein I create the List UIBB using the method 'IO_GAF->ADD_UIBB'.

This ensures that the methods are called accordingly as you want them.

Regards,

Prajyot