cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Consolidation import process - not moving activity to Assembly Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are at portal 7.00 SP21 and NWDI version 7.00 SP21. The runtime system has been successfully configured.

We have developed some custom application in NWDS (version 7.0.21) , which was already deployed in test and production successfully.

I have modified that applicaiton, created a activity, built successfully, checked in, activated and transported that activity successfully from NWDS.

Deployed via NWDS is not allowed as per Client's restriction and the automatic deployment isnt configured in NWDS so we deploy the changes via Consolidation Tab - import -> deployment in test system.

Once the activity is imported in Consolidation tab -> we have deployed that in test system and its working fine in test but we don't seee any option in CMS to move it forward to be able to deploy in PROD via NWDI.

Now the issue is when I click on import button on NWDI -> CMS -> Transport Studio -> Consolidation -> Import button

The activities don't become available in Assembly Tab.

Though I can see these activities in Consolidation -> History.

Unless these activities are available in Assembly we can't assemble the SCA and can not move it forward to Approval and then to Production Tab.

Can someone help what can be the issue? this need to go in PROD asap so appriciate a quick help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Darren,

In the assembly tab you may not be able to see the name of the activity but only the component. You need to check the state of the component in assembly. If it is waiting for assembly then you need to assemble component and your activity will move to approval tab. Please let me know if that solved your issue.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Sorry I meant, No component is visible in Assembly tab.

i have successfully imported the activities in Consolidation tab, can see those in history of Consolidation tab as well.

But when I look in Assembly tab, no component is waiting for assembly. this is the issue I am facing and I dont know why this is happening now as there hans't been any changes in the track.

Is there any setting which I can check or do for this track?

Can my user authorization cause this issue, though my user authorization hasn't changed recently.

Is there any thing else I can do to resolve this problem? I dont want to go via manual SDM deployment.

Edited by: Darren Stone on Dec 19, 2011 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am one step ahead now and can see the component in Assembly Tab (we didnt do any change/fix though)

Now I have another question, I see a big list of activities under this Assembly when I click on Details and content.

Some of the activites are very old , created by me or someone else. I dont want to assemble all of those but want to just select only specific entries in the list to assemble.

How can i choose only specific entries in the list and assemble component out of it?

Appriciate your quick help.

Thanks

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think you have the choice.