cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Sales document if License is missing under any license type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where we using multiple license types for a legal regulation. If any license is missing for any license type that determined while screening, the order should be blocked.

For example, For Legal Regulation EAR, we have two License types LTYP1 and LTYP2 and we maintain only License for EAR with LTYP1. During the sales order creation, system screens and found that 2 license types determined. Since 1 license is missing for Legal Regualtion EAR with LTYP2, the order should blocked. But at this moment, system found 1 license with combination EAR with LTYP21 hence it is released.

But when we see the Log, system shows RED indicator against EAR with LTYP2, it means it could not found license for this combination, but the order is released. Our requirement is NOT to release this order and it should determine all the licenses determined for license types

How should we achieved this scenario? Pls help

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Did you manage to sort your issue out? If yes, I'll be interested to know how as I am facing the same issue.

Thanks

I finally managed to find my way through with this issue so for others who might have the same requirement:

1) Check the check box Check multiple license types under Global Trade Services > Compliance Management > Legal Control > Control Settings for Legal Control

2) Create an entry for the legal regulation and Code List Object PAPOF under Global Trade Services > Customs Management > Customs Code Lists > Assign Customs Code Lists Procedure to Legal Regulation

3) Create the issuing authority for the legal regulation under Global Trade Services > Customs Management > Customs Code Lists > Maintain Customs Code Lists for Legal Regulation

4) Assign the issuing authority to one license type out of two as I've noticed that it won't work if the two license types have the same issuing authority (one created license will release the order).

under Global Trade Services > Compliance Management > Legal Control > Define License Types

Config done on GTS 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep: I think you should revisit the determination strategy for license. Why would you have a determination strategy for EAR-LTYP2, when you would just maintain a license for EAR-LTYP1?

Regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Depending on the version of GTS that you are using, you can create an agreement grouping these 2 license types together.

Regards,

Jasmit

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You should just need to set the indicator "Check Multiple License Types" in the Control Settings for the Legal Regulation.

According to the help text; "the system must determine a valid license for each license type, otherwise the document is blocked". But there is also a warning that "you must assign an authority to the license types to be checked".

So please try that, and let us know the results.

Regards,

Dave

0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I have the same requirements than Pradeep and tried to implement the solution you suggested but didn't find where the define/configure the required authority ( "you must assign an authority to the license types to be checked").

There is a drop down list in the License Type definition screen in SPRO but the list is empty.

Thank you in advance for any light you can bring here.

_________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: I managed to find how to setup the issuing authority, assigned it to both license types but still, the order is released if one of the two license is assigned...

Any help will be greatly appreciated there.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Nicolas GUALA-MOLINO