cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active directory configuration for Afaria server environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not from system administration background & i am trying to configure the Afaria 6.6 for iOS device. Please help me understand this that is it really needed to configure active directory services(windows server 2003) for this as CA server configuration is needed for iOS provisioning server. Is CA server acting as standalone active directory server is fine to provision iOS devices.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Shrikant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vobu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- you need Windows Server 2008

- LDAP/AD config is necessary if you want to hook-up Afaria users with AD users

- Standalone CA on the machine Afaria Server is running on is required, but can be a Sub-CA of your AD CA

hth, v.

0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

CA server is being used to issue specific certificate to each device that enroll to Afaria Server using Network device enrollement.

It's up to you to connect your Afaria server to LDAP, Active Directory, etc during install time and depends on your requirements.

If you dont use any of these then also Afaria will take users from your machine local system and validate them against default domain. It means who ever is Admin on your machine can be added into users account and can login to Admin portal.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Afaria with Active directory is not mandatory requirement , you can skip the LDAP configuration step at the time of installation and install with the local administrator privileged rights

Ldap connection is required if we required ( User roles assignment for Afaria console , ESSUP integrating with Active directory , User based Group.)

CA server is mandatory requirement for IOS device , however it support 3 type of CA server ( Standalone , ( If you are not connecting to Active directory , Enterprise CA server ( Multiple enterprise CA need to be enrolled , Subordinate CA server )

Apart for CA server you will required SSL certificate for IOS5 device and above.

Note : Windows 2003 server not supported for CA Server .. You will required windows 2008 server

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Is CA server is mandatory for enrolling IOS devices,

can u explain the process to configure the ca server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes CA server and SSL certficate is mandatory for IOS device

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tell me how to configure the ca server...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naidu,

Using Active directory is optional. You can use local Afaria server OS users, any LDAP or Active Directory. But Active Directory is not mandatory...

Thanks

Nag.