cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom-up backwards scheduling in hybrid projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a project consisting of WBSEs as well as networks. The structure is as shown below.

Project
- WBSE level 1
+ Network
-- WBSE level 2
++ Activity
+++ Activity element
-- WBSE level 2
++ Activity
+++ Activity element

I have a network connected to the top level WBSE, with the former's subordinate activities connected to the latter's subordinate WBSEs. The activities have an FS relationship.

What I want to accomplish with scheduling is to have the system start from a given finish date and work its way backwards with the normal durations entered for the activities. To this end, my setup includes "backwards scheduling", "bottom-up planning" and "network determines dates". I have tried various other combinations of these, but the system insists on starting from the system date and working its way forwards with the normal durations entered for the activities.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here or am I just missing something? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try strict bottom up planning

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vengaiah,

That works great for forward scheduling, but not backward scheduling where I need a top level finish date to be dictated upon subordinate elements.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever you use networks, scheduling is carried out by the network , i think your network scheduling is not working fine , Please check the network scheduling profile.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary