cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP Disaggregation issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Dis-aggregation issue in Demand planning forecast execution. History 3 material, CVC Combinations 6 material, Matching

History and CVC 3, when i execute Forecast, disagrregated to all 6 material. i want only 3 materila dis-aggregation APPODPDANT

i used for Disagrregation,please help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I understand correctly, you want to use proportional factor to disaggregate the calculated forecast, right?

Please first make sure that the proportional factor APPODPDANT is correctly calculated based on the history key figure.

Make sure the APODPDANT's values are zeroes for those CVCs without historical data.

(You can check APPODPDANT key figure's value by putting it into a certain dataview.)

If the proportional factor is not correct, please recalculate it in /sapapo/mc8v.

Then please make sure that the disaggregation type of the forecast key figure is correctly set. It shoud be:

1)Disaggregation type should be 'P' instead of 'I'. ('I' is also OK, but for testing purpose, 'P' is better.)

2)Disaggregation key figure is set as APODPDANT.

3)Time based disaggregation should have the same setting as structural disaggregation.

At last, the forecast run in foreground should be run at aggregated level.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got solution. First Execute Proportional Factor and then execute forecast..

Thanks & Regard's

Gowda

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandish,

Disaggregation would depend on the level at which carry out your forecast.

I assume you are forecasting in foreground, and selecting all the CVCs. If you would do a forecast in this way, then the data could go to all your CVCs depending on how you have maintained your disaggregation.

If working in foreground, only select the CVCs which have history, and then carry out the forecast.

Before doing this, you would need to delete the old forecast which you can do via /sapapo/MD74.

if you use batch job, then you can specify all the levels in aggregation, and then you would get forecast only for the CVCs which have history.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dis-aggregation key figure APODPDANT,(Proportional factor). sales history only for few product. CVC combinations is more. why it is dis-aggregated to all CVC, even history Characteristics compare with CVC in MPOS. then history loaded. when executing forecast. results saved, dis-aggregated to all product why?.any other dis-aggregation key figure or any alternative solution.

Thanks,

Gowda

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandish,

How do you carry out the forecasting? in foreground or in background? What is your selection when you do the forecasting?

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Forecast in Foreground and selection are Location, Product and Product group.

Thanks,

Gowda

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandish,

If you want your forecast to happen only for the products that have history, make a selection as follows:

1) In the selector, select show as "product"

2) Only make a selection for the products that have history (do not select product groups)

3) Carry out the forecast in foreground,

Either you select all the products THAT HAVE HISTORY (as above), or individually for the products that have history, you can carry out the forecast (so select one product at a time).

If you want to consider all the products for forecasting but want to have forecast only for the products that had history, then you can't do this in foreground. You would need to schedule forecasting inbackground (aggregation should be at detailed level), and this would take care of forecasting only for the products that have history.

Thanks - Pawan