Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver business client -system logon settings

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I don't have knowledge related to NWBC, then I need help because I am not sure what we need to change.

We have working with a SAP tool PPM that is executing using nwbc. We have changed the initial screen --> ICF service ( nwbc) to hide field language and to change initial pictures. This is working fine.

The problem is sometimes when we are in PPM ( with nwbc) it requested again the user/password and the initial screen that shows is with standard pictures and field language ( it doesn't take in account our settings).

Does anyone know when can be the problem?

Any help or idea is fine for us!

Thanks

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

NWBC does not persist authentication data. Every time NWBC is started, new authentication data is required. SSO2 will only work till the entire application is not closed after the application is closed the SSO2 ticket information expires.

That means User has to re-login every time the NWBC is re-opened.

If the two systems have a trusted relationship, the SSO2 cookies can be shared between them. But NWBC can only have a shell onto one server.

NWBC also works with X.509 certificate authentication. But you only with HTTPS protocol and until the entire application is not closed. Then you can navigate to all the sessions and NO prompt for user id and password should happen after you log on for the first time

If issue is related to language then may be you can try this :

Steps to add the language in NWBC logon :-

1. Open the SAP R/3 to which you want to add the language and execute the T-code I18N.

2. Open the Path I18N Menu -> I18N Customizing -> I18N System Configuration.

3. The NLS Setting Maintain screen will be opened.

4. Click on the add button.

5. Now Choose the language Key and press Enter.

6. Now press the activate button. The pop-up box regarding the continue appears.

7. Press the yes and then exit from the SAP R/3.

Now open the NWBC and the language added in SAP R/3 is appears in Login Language dropdown box.

Award points if useful.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you very much for your help. My problem is not only with the languages ( even this is the most important, the If I dont find a solution to my problem I will do your suggestion).

The problem is we have configured a initial screen with company pictures, logo,we have hiden the language... and sometimes user and password are requested again and we see the standard initial screen ( SAP logo, SAP pictures...) why this second time I see the standard screen?

In any case thank you you yur help because your suggestion solves part of our issue.

Thanks,

Clara