cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PR10, for Personal Area 'A' we have two trip number ranges : first from 0001 to 0050 which is exhasted fully. And another is from 9000 to 9999.

Now when user is trying to create trip , the error is coming "Number assignment: Last number has been assigned".

I am not able to crack as to why system is not picking second number range.

What should I do ?

Regards

Krunal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Could you have a look at note 62077 which explains buffering for number ranges and also KBA 1581701 as it is very much dependent on how you customized the personnel area for RP_REINR and whether you need to close the range for pers. area A if now exhausted, but they sound like quite small intervals to be honest, so i would expect you need to create a new number range interval for this personnel area but first ensuring that you finish the first range.

Former Member

Hi,

Your prev answer was helpful and rewarded

Can you let me know in which table should I change the personnel area customisation for number range? I have to have a second row for number range for same Pers Area as previous row is exhausted.

Thanks

Krunal

Transaction SNUM or PR10.. you can do this there and close the first range and then create the new range for personnel area, it is the same transaction.

New personnel area is object RP_PREL and trip is RP_REINR ...for example:

When a new personnel number is entered, the system determines which number range the control data is assigned to.

The number range is maintained using transaction PA04. (obj RP_PREL)

for example, in RP_PREL:

01 00000001 90000000

02 90000001 99990000 X

feature NUMKR:

NUMKR Infotype 0000 (Actions)

BUKRS Company Code

AU01 Country Template AU

DE01 Country Template DE

so when create a new employee, if the company code is AU01, then it will use internal assignment; while if the company code is DE01, then it will use the external assignment.

You then need to consider accordingly for travel number range RP_REINR when assigning the personnel area to trip number range.

Also, whilst it is possible to change the trip range as I mentioned previously, it would be advisable to perhaps start in a

different trip range eg 1000000 as opposed to changing the existing range as this means there is less potential of trip incurring duplicate number or being assigned to two different personnel.

If you want to change a number range, you must first set the current current number to initial, then delete the numbe range interval and then create a new interval which is not overlapping with thedeleted one and not overlapping with any existing one!

One more point to remember:

You can create this directly in PRD without transporting from QA and in fact note 91212 explains more, You might also want to check the SAP help regarding this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2a/fa0365493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

o For reasons of data consistency (this is the main reason why number ranges must not be transported automatically!!), you should generally avoid transporting number ranges and recreate these in the target system.

Best of luck with it

Sally

Answers (0)