cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Archiving of outgoing Billing Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I need your expertise in the following scenario.

we have a production system in which we have over 126000 billing documents created in 4 months span.

when the users issue output, the storage mode in the output type should be "print and archive". in this case, we will have a copy of the printed billing document will be archived and as an attachment to billing document in sap.

But the users by mistake, chose the option as "print" only. which means that we dont have a copy of all the billing documents in the span of four months archived.

i have learnt that we can issue bulk or mass output for billin documents using transaction VF31.

can i use this transaction by creating an output type used only for "Archive only" and process it?

has anyone faced this issue and solved it successfully? please tell me in detail all the steps and precautions to be taken care for this scenario.

waiting for your quick reply.

Regards,

Bharat

Edited by: gbharatkumar14 on Dec 16, 2011 10:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow below steps to solve your problem.

I think you don't have to create a new print program with "Archive Only" functionality. As I understood from your post, the existing output type itself can handle both print and archive options. The issue user has done was, he has selected only "Print Only" option in the condition master record (Transaction VV31) under Button "Communication" and field "Storage Mode"

Therefore please do below with the same output type.

- First identify all billing documents relevant for your mentioned time period using table VBRK

- Create a simple LSMW to do below steps.

-> Repeat the same output type (Or even add the same output type again).

-> Under "Communication Method" button, Select the "Storage mode" as "2- Archive Only".

- Then use transaction "VF31" to execute your output type with "Transmission medium" = 1 and processing mode = 1.

Then system should only do archive without printing. You should be able to see the archived billing output under attached document button in the billing document.

You can do a simple test in this manner for couple of billing documents to make sure everything is working as per your requirement.

Hope this help to clarify your doubts!

Best regards,

Rahal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahal,

Yes your understanding of the problem is correct

when i go to the billing document and repeat the output manually (vf02>billing document>goto>output>repeat output-->storage mode " archiveonly" ) and execute.it works. i dint even use vf31.

1.The problem is how to do it for 126,800 documents.

2. you mentioned something about LSMW, please elaborate that point.

3. in vf31 we have Message data, Billing data and Selection sequence

here i am assuming that after repeating the output and changing the storage mode as "Archive only"

i have to go to vf31, give the output type name, trans medium =1, sort order =01, processing mode =1

and all the billing document numbers give my doc numbers and execute?

regards,

Bharat

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat

If you have to do for 126800 documents then you download the data using NAST table,so that you can get the approximate data.While doing LSMW, in step 3(maintain Source feilds) select the print and archive feild.which can be maintained and uploaded for all those billing documents

Regards

Srinath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat

Welcome to SCN Forum

You can create the output type and the program that has been assigned to the output type in that program include the logic that it has to retrieve all the billing documents that has been generated throught that output type in the last 4 months.So you need to take your ABAP team help to include this logic in the program.

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for your answer. So you mean to say that i need to get in touch with ABAP team to create a logic that i need and assign it to the output type under processing routines.

And what is the next step? use VF31 or direclty execute the newly created program in se38?

Kindly explain with some more details?

Regards,

Bharat

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat

Dont include the logic to the sub-routine, include the logic to the program that will be assigned to the output type.After completing the step then run VF31 and give the output type.Also give the past four months dates in Billing Date tab,so that it will retrieve those old billing documents.

Regards

Srinath