Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Plan / Sales Output tax to be deducted at final invoice

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

The scenario is related to construction industry where client billing is triggered via milestone/billing plan. the scenario example is lets say the price is 100USD. After applying 16% tax, the net value will be 116USD.

Now, there are total 3 invoices send to client.

2 invoice are commercial invoice (without sales tax) and third and last is sales tax invoice which includes total tax value from sales order.

1st Invoice 40% of price : 40 USD (Commericla invoice W/o Tax) - 1st of July

2nd Invoice 60% of price: 60 USD (Commericla invoice W/o Tax) - 1st of August

3rd invoice 16% of Price: 16 USD (Sales Tax invoice) - Final Invoice - 1st of August

Would like to know your opinions to map this process requirement in SAP.

**By the way we are using SAP IS-ECO.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

You can set blocks for each milestones initially set billing blocks for 3 mile stones for billing plan in sale order.

if you are doing billing for milestone 1 at that time remove the billing block for billing plan in sale order.in this process system only create billing for mile stone 1 because remaining 2 milestones have billing blocks.likewise you can control.

Let me know my understanding of your process is right or wrong...

Thank you,

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

issue resolved.

the line item which was supposed to be have invoice type zstx and a separate pp. thus only containing condition which have sales output tax assigned to it.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest, this can be achieved with diff pricing procedure & billing doc type.

1st Invoice 40% of price : 40 USD (Commericla invoice W/o Tax) - 1st of July

2nd Invoice 60% of price: 60 USD (Commericla invoice W/o Tax) - 1st of August

Say, the above have diiferent billing doc type with diff doc pricing procedure the sales order and determine pricing accordingly.

Here, don't allow system to determine tax, say, don't have tax condition in pricing

3rd invoice 16% of Price: 16 USD (Sales Tax invoice) - Final Invoice - 1st of August

here also diiferent billing doc type with diff doc pricing procedure other used in sales order & above billing doc type and determine pricing accordingly. Thus allow system to determine tax, say, have tax condition in pricing.

Regards

JP

measum_kumail2
Participant
0 Kudos

@JP

Regarding invoice 1 & 2, i am clear. but for sales tax invoice, let me rephrase it and pls confirm if I understood it correctly.

You mean to say that I should use other invoice type (lets say ZSTX) for sales tax invoice with different Pric proc.

Fine, but if i have already invoiced 1 & 2, then the status of the sales order will be completed, thus system will not allow to refer sales order in any other document.

Hope my point is clear.

Anyways, thanks for your input.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand

- 1st Invoice

- 2nd Invoice

- 3rd Invoice

are your milestones in the biling plan used. Right?

In config (OVBJ), it will have Billing Type for release invoice for each theses milestone.

If you don't mainatin any in configuration.

Then you can maintain one in sales order.

Regards

JP