cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.1 iphone native code with web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a project using web services as data source. I have created MBOs using synchronization parameters and load parameters, so when device provide new load parameters and do a sync, it will check with CDB, if the data is not present, a call to WS should be triggered. But I have never seen this new WS call. I did give default values to these WS, initial data is retrieved when client subscribes.

We are using on demand cache group and empty cache interval. I have checked device db and cdb, other than no new data loaded, they all seem correctly.

Is there any limitation on WS when combining sync parameter and load parameter? Or have I missed something? Please help.

I have used same design on SAP RFC BAPI data source in SUP 1.5.5, works fine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I am little confused with the sentence in your description where you said

" if the data is not present, a call to WS should be triggered. But I have never seen this new WS call. I did give default values to these WS, initial data is retrieved when client subscribes."

1] Does the App get SYNC with the Backend EIS on the first Subscribe Event ? Or is that the automation your App is not able to complete ? Please comment on this.

2] I am not sure what you mean by combining the Syn Param & Load Parameter; Do you mean keeping them Equal or What exactly ? In my view i can comment as Sync Param should be defined & mapped to all result affecting Load Parameters

3] Just mere first thought on the issue seems that Due to Cache Interval as Null or zero or very low value it might be a probability that your data is taking time to load from EIS to CDB & that why you can not see the successful retrieval from backend. Might be a reason.

Also when you say "On Demand Cache Group" is it interrupt driven automatic event or client driven automation ?

And i hope the cache group is mapped to Sync group so that it will reduce unnecessary refresh which is not related to Trigger the SYNC event.

If you can given more insight on the issue i will try to sort out that.

- Yogesh Ithape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Here is more detail on the issue according to your questions.

1. Sync request is added into SP tables on both device side and CDB. But the call to WS to retrieve requested data doesn't happen. During subscribe, it did call WS to get resultset according to default values.

2. Each Sync parameter is mapping to a load paramter, so the data for the device will be controlled by these two kinds of paramaters.

3. I basically don't set any values on cache group interval or change update interval other than taking the default value, from SCC, the default cache group gets empty value for refresh interval and 10 mins for change update. I am not requested large size of data on each load parameter change, it should not take much time.

4. How do you map a cache group to a sync group? Both of these groups are set to default in Sybase workspace. Using sync parameters should reduce the data transfer between device and CDB.

Hope I answer your questions and confusion.