cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Coding mask

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a one issue in Coding mask.My mask is "PSXP-XXX-00-00-00-00-00",For this mask im going to create wbs elements like CJ20nproject Definationwbs overviewCreate Wbs element,for this im not getting any error.But Im going to create Cj20nproject DefinationRight click on project definationcreate wbs.. In this scnerio the wbs element is not picking up the running number [Example:When im going to create level 1 wbs element through overview screen it will pick up "PSXP-001-01" and working fine,When im going to create WBS element through right click it is picking up like this "PSXP-001-1"].May i know the reasons please..It will very helpful for me..

By

Suma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Coding mask is "PSXP-XXX-00-00-00-00-00", so at second level you have numeric field PSXP-XXX-00.

For numeric system automatically pick up the next available number but it will not conside the ZEROS before the number so it will give as single digit 1 and not 01 and it is standard behavior of the system so you are getting PSXP-XXX-1 insted PSXP-XXX-01.

You have to change the value manually from 1 to 01

Hope it is clear to you now

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

Thanks for your quick response...

But my question is Project defination>wbs overview>create Wbs.Here it will pickup automatically running number(means 01).As you said numaric system it will not consider the zeroes,I agree..But it should not take When im going to create WBS through Overview screen right..In my case it is taking automatically running number automatically..

Second,In your version we will not create not morethan 9 wbs elements in that level right,then what is the use of taking "00"?.

If im wrong please correct me...

Regards,

Suma

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is miscommunication from my side.

When there is mumeric selection then system will pick up automatic next available number in both case.

i.e. If coding mask is PMP-XXX-00 and your project definition is PMP-001 then while creating WBS system will pick up

PMP-001-01 by default

System will pick the single digit if coding mask is alphnumeric

i.e. if coding mask is PMP-XXX-XX and your project definition is PMP-001 then while creating WBS system will pick up

PMP-001-1 by default.

In your both cases i am able to get the 01 automatically from the system i.e. PMP-001-01

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Actually my mask is like this"ABCD-000-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX".When im going to create WBS through project defination-->Right click on Wbs -->create WBS .It is not taking automatic running number..But my user want to running number ..How it is possible..?..As of my knowledge It is possible only if mask is like this "ABCD-000-00-00-00-00-00".But in standard SAP It is not possible to change Alphanumeric to numeric means ABCD-000-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX to ABCD-000-00-00-00-00-00.Can anybody suggests how can i resolve...?

By

Suma

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

As far i know i dont think it is possible. Lets wait for any experts comments on the same