cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Web Service of SAP R/3 in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a Web Service in R/3 which is generated from the RFC(Function Module). We have consumed that in PI for some requirements where the application has no direct access to R/3.

But when we are calling the Service from PI, the result tables are coming blank. The same Web Service of R/3 is working in DOTNET application and getting the data.

There are no errors, the authorizations checks are through, but the data is coming blank.

Please help

thanks and regards,

Ravi Siddam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consuming the R/3 web service, you are getting the Headers but no data. Please check your mapping in this case. Also, you must verify the connections using soapUI. That is the only tool to assure the web services are proper or not. Thanks

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

if you have configured perfectly,go to sender agreement ,click on display wsdl url..and take that wsdl url.now go to this url: http://pisystem:port/wsnavigator

ther u can test your serive by giving wsdl url..check the error what you are getting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am testing in the same way as you mentioned, i am not getting any error, but the data is not coming in the tables.

thanks and regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you gonna use PI for the whole scenario or would like to use PI only for Development of the interfaces and expose the webservice in R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried calling the web service from a SOAP testing tool (like SOAP UI) using the same WSDL and payload that was used in PI ?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What adress you have given in SOAP receiver channel, what is the status about receiver chennal when you trying hit FM web service. in CC monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have given the SOAP address mentioned in WSDL in SOAP receiver channel.

In CC monitoring, it is all showing green.

thanks and regards,

Ravi Siddam

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that means SOAP chennal sent data to FM as a input, have you debuged the RFC like data updated in to tables or not, and check SOAP channel QOS , i hope you selected as a BE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have tried the same from SOAP UI client also and it is not working, same result as PI. But I repeat the Service is working from DOTNET applications.

The QOS is BE only, we have done the debug in RFC by external breakpoint setting and checked the data is getting fetched and tables are filled.

Please help.

thanks and regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

We have tried the same from SOAP UI client also and it is not working, 
same result as PI. But I repeat the Service is working from DOTNET applications.

If it is not working in SOAP UI then it will not work in PI also. I suggest you to re-import the WSDL in you .net application and check.

Regards,

Ramesh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably below are the reasons

1)Check your PI development once again and once you are sure then genarate WSDL and test using SOAP UI.

Both service interfaces should be sync mode only and add correct req and res strictures.

2)check one more time SOAP URL entered in Receiver channel.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

We have tried as you suggested but the result is same.

Any suggestions.

regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Did you tried the WSDL used to test in SOAP UI again in .net application.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, in DOTNET we have not checked again.

what can be the reason?

regards,

Ravi Siddam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably the WSDL you are using in PI/SOAP UI might be different from WSDL used in .NET.

Regards

Ramesh