cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncronous Heart Beat SOAP Service in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking for any comments or idea's

Ive been asked to provide a Heart Beat SOAP service in PI. This heart beat service needs to be a sync service with certain custom fields that include a unique identifier and a timestamp.

My initial thoughts was to setup the SOAP Sender channel SYNC pass the message into BPM the pass back a response. My main issue with this its a little too heavy/complex for a simple heart beat service (no data).

Second thought was to create a BAPI on the PI ABAP stack and expose it as a webservice, my main issue with this is it wont actually represent the state of the adapter engine (Webservice on ABAP might be up but the Adapter engine will be down).

I cant be certain what the service is being used for as the service is being called by an external party who have asked for this service, all I know is that a SYNC service is needed that will map in system time with a unique identifier.

Thanks for your comments.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Raja, thats exactly the situation Im trying to avoid. I dont want to have a complete end to end scenario developed for a message going nowhere with no information in it. I was hoping someone might have an idea that was a little elegant or an opinion on which of the 2 or 3 options would be in their opinion be best.

This is heart beat so it will be kicking through the system often and alerting through CCMS when things go wrong ETC.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have PI in landscape then design sync interface like SOAP>PI->RFC/Proxy, you dont need BPM bcz both SOAP/RFC/pROXY support sync cals.