cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure scenario without real sender exist?

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

There are some scenarios A, B and C in our system. They are relevant for each other, so all of their messages can be seen in PI monitor. But for scenairo C ,rfc adapter as the receiver, while there are no real sender exist to trigger the call for RFC. PI just sporadically calls the RFC in R3 side. Can we implement this? The functional consultants insist to trigger the call from PI so messages can be seen in PI just like A and B.

Do we have any solutions about this? If no other solutions, I think I have to create a dummy file channel as the sender to run on frequecy.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) One method is that in the Interface Determination for either A or B you can add one more receiver interface and operation that will be calling the RFC. and an receiver agreement and a receiver RFC channel for this. Here you will get a separate entry in sxmb_moni for the message A or B and a separate entry in sxmb_moni for the RFC call.

2) OR you can call this RFC from the mapping of either of A or B using RFC Lookup function. But you wont get a separate entry for this message in sxmb_moni but you can see the entry in runtime workbench communication channel monitoring.

3) OR you can use a multi mapping in the message mapping of either of A or B and call the RFC.

Other way is as you suggested is to create a dummy file channel and schedule it.

Regards,

Aravind

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would do the following way... Create proxy sender and use that to call or trigger RFC at the desired time. This will send message to PI and PI would use as message trigger and call the receiver RFC. This way you make the interface clear and have visibility.