cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP- Product allocations object XXXXX is not contained in the hierarchy !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am doing a "Check the Product Allocation Setting" in SPRO and getting the following error:

Product allocations object XXXXX is not contained in the hierarchy !

Any help will be higly appreciated.

Regards

Saurabh

Edited by: Jiju Mani on Dec 15, 2011 8:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

It appears from the error message that prod allocation obj has not been defined in prod allocation group.Also check whether the CVCs' have been created and transferred to prod alloc obj or not.

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrinal

The product allocation object has been defined in the product allocation group. Also, the CVC are generated in both the planning area and the product allocation object and they are in sync.

Infact, All the Allocation config was transported from Dev to Quality. They were all working well in Dev but after the transport to Quality when I tried to run product allocation after following all the steps for CVC creation in PA and copying them to Prod alloc group, it never worked. I checked the customizing : check "Prod allocation setting"which is giving me the mentioned error.

Regards

Saurabh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Please try to generate and reset time stamp of the Product Allocation by going through the path Product Allocation -> Generation. You may also check the connection between Planning Area and PAG.

Thanks,

Prasun

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Also suggest to check whether the CVCs' are active (or not) by T code : /SAPAPO/CHKCHAR

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the CVCs are active in both the planning area( //MC62) and Product allocation object( //ATPQ_CHKCHAR).

But I identified the problem , it was wrong Prod allocation object being selected to generate the CVC. I corrected the same and the error is gone. But but I still don't see the Product allocation happening, any idea?

Saurabh Anand

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I assume that you are now trying to create or change Sales Orders, and finding that product allocation is not coming into effect. Have you already taken care of all the settings on APO and R/3 side?

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

You should still follow expert Prasun's advice. After any transport, you should always reset the time stamp and regenerate all the allocation objects.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/f9/a67937b566ab49e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the issue resolved. I just deleted all the CVC and recreated them and then I followed the suggested steps of reset the time stamp and regenerate the allocation group.

Thank you all for your help.

Saurabh Anand