cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: CANNOT_CREATE_COFILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We created a cloned copy of our production system as a sandbox landscape for SAP SLO. Unfortunately, we can no longer import any SP's or add-ons using SPAM/SAINT because they all fail on DISASSEMBLE with error code 8 "CANNOT_CREATE_COFILE". What we are trying to accomplish is installing the SLO DMIS tool, but we cannot import anything. Even a SPAM/SAINT update failed!

This PRD sandbox does ot have a dev environment attached. After the copy we deleted the transport layer, and it is it's own domain controller. STMS consistency checks come back OK across the board.

I have checked the permissions on all files in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in as well as the following dirs. All are 777 and ownership is <sid>adm:sapsys

/usr/sap/trans

/usr/sap/trans/cofiles

/usr/sap/trans/data

The strangest part is when I do an ls -ltr on /usr/sap/trans/cofile and data, the R.SAP and D.SAP files are there. They exist in the directories. Also, normal transports are working. It is only SP's or add-ons that fail.

I have also researched this thread which seems to be the same issue, but I did not find a resolution. I am not sure if something was damaged by making the clone it's own domain controller? If we need an actual dev system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ben , try to check tp log, after you see this error (in STMS open your systems import queue and in menu

check > goto> tp system log).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

After following the TP log, I realized that I was actually missing critical dirs in the OS that the SP/Add-On's were trying to write out to. I needed to create /usr/sap/trans/sapnames and then they worked.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the note may help you

1509073 - Error CANNOT_CREATE_COFILE in SPAM

Thanks

Sadiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this note Sadiq!

Turns out my clone does not even HAVE TPPARAM! I will get this configured and close if it solves the issue.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Since you have performed system copy you need to run some steps as a part of post system copy process

1) Use SE06 to perform post processing after database copy

2) using STMS re-configure your TMS as single system. You can add a virtual system in the TMS transport route

3) Check you have full permission to /usr/sap/trans.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I had previously re-created the transport layer as a Single System environment using SE06. Do you think adding a virutal system would fix it? Is there a note on how to do this procedure?

Also, the user has SAP_NEW, and these are the errors I am getting from my TP log.

ERROR: EXIT(16) -> process ID is: 1114360

HALT 20111215114310

ERROR: /usr/sap/trans/sapnames/DMISUSER : cant open

: No such file or directory

ERROR: EXIT(16) -> process ID is: 1462416

HALT 20111215114436

ERROR: EXIT(16) -> process ID is: 1462424

HALT 20111215114510

ERROR: EXIT(16) -> process ID is: 1417388

HALT 20111215122505

ERROR: /usr/sap/trans/sapnames/SAPUSER : cant open

ERROR: EXIT(16) -> process ID is: 1114306

HALT 20111215122853

ERROR: EXIT(16) -> process ID is: 1531918

HALT 20111215124139

ERROR: EXIT(16) -> process ID is: 1114186

HALT 20111215144614

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check if the SAP_NEW authorization profile is there in the user profile which is executing SPAM. Try adding it if not there.

Edited by: Ratnajit Dey on Dec 16, 2011 9:25 AM