SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year of Cash Effectivity and Due Date for payments in following year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I have a problem with Year of Cash Effectivity when dealing with invoices which have Due Date in a different year from the posting date. I just need revenues and expenses to be recognized under the accrual basis of accounting (with the invoice, not with "cash effectivity" depending on terms of payment). But we do need "cash effectivity" for commitments budget and MM.

I am using Update Profile=000359, and have tried to "Override Update Profile" for Value Type=54 (Invoices) checking "Posting Date" for Payment/Commitment Budget, instead of "Due Date". I have also deactivated settings that have to do with payments transfer in <<Public Sector Management->Funds Management Government->Actual and Commitment Update/Integration->Integration>>.

Is there any way to change this without changing Update Profile?

Thanks for your help!

Iván Garcí

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we need invoices to be updated with posting date in actuals line items in FM (instead of Due Date depending on payment terms).

For example, i have registered revenues with the following document:

Document Date: 03.10.2011. Posting Date: 03.10.2011. Fiscal Year: 2011.

Posting Key: 01. Customer Account XXX. Baseline Date: 04.10.2011. Terms of Payment Key: C090 (Within 90 days Due net). 166.907,86.

Posting Key: 50. Revenue Account 7XXX. Funds Center Y. Commitment Item Z.

If i check funds management document for this FI document, i have Commitment Budget/Payment Budget for the same amount and with year 2011, but if i check "Cash Year Effectivity" then i have 2012 for both. We need Cash Year Effectivity to be 2011 and = fiscal year when original document is an FI document.

Thanks for your help,

Iván Garcí

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you put an exapmle? You want to update invoices with Posting date instead of due date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we need invoices to be updated with posting date in actuals line items in FM (instead of Due Date depending on payment terms).

For example, i have registered revenues with the following document:

Document Date: 03.10.2011. Posting Date: 03.10.2011. Fiscal Year: 2011.

Posting Key: 01. Customer Account XXX. Baseline Date: 04.10.2011. Terms of Payment Key: C090 (Within 90 days Due net). 166.907,86.

Posting Key: 50. Revenue Account 7XXX. Funds Center Y. Commitment Item Z.

If i check funds management document for this FI document, i have Commitment Budget/Payment Budget for the same amount and with year 2011, but if i check "Cash Year Effectivity" then i have 2012 for both. We need Cash Year Effectivity to be 2011 and = fiscal year when original document is an FI document.

Thanks for your help,

Iván Garcí

0 Kudos

Hi, then the only way is to change update profile

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan

I believe this note will help you:

[Note 883122 - Spanish Public Sector: Specific functions (BAdIs and exits)|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/883122]

see this paragraph

BAdI FMRI

The method FMRI_BADI_9 allows the customer to change, according

to their needs, the Year of Cash Effectivity in which FI

documents are updated in Funds Management.

The system performs some checks (for example the update profile

has to use the Year of Cash Effectivity) to permit the

modification of the Year of Cash Effectivity in this BADI. The

Year of Cash Effectivity determined in this BAdI cannot be

earlier than the one for the date when the Financial Accounting

payments are updated in Funds Management.For more detailed

information on this topic, consult the note 1129408.

hope this will help you!

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem has been solved with the BADI implementation.

Thanks for your help.

Iván Garcí