cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Proportional Factors in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I base my proportional factors APODPANT on a future mix of a Statistical Model. For instance, a Stat Model is run to create a suggested forecast. Then my users can go into another KF to type in their forecast at the Product Family level. I want to use the Proportions of the individual products from the Stat model projections to take their typed in Product Family forecast and disaggregate it down into the individual products in that family. I see some options in the Planning Area for dissaggregations on KFs, but not sure which one to pick to base the proportions on future months.

Also, as a further exercise, they want me to disallow certain materials where they don't want their forecast to change in the disaggregation. They will type in this forecast at the product level for a couple products only, but still want to put in a Product Family forecast and disaggregate to all other products proportionallly, but exclude these.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

One possibility would be to have a dummy Key Figure into which you can copy your Stat forecast.

Copying of data could be done easily using the program /sapapo/rtscopy. In the job that you use to copy the Stat Fcst data, use a selection which excludes the materials for which users don't want the disaggregation to happen. So, this dummy KF would have zero value for materials which are to be excluded in disaggregation.

For the second KF which users maintain, use this above dummy KF as the Disaggregation KF. Have calculation type as P.

This way you don't have much manual work to do, and also you can flexibly change the products for which the users don't want disaggregation.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawan:

This is a creative way to handle the issue of users wanting certain materials to be excluded from the disaggregation. They have changed their minds again and now they don't have this requirement, but who knows if they might want it again in the future, so thanks for the great suggestion!

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea

In Planning Area administration, Key Figure aggregation tab, for the user input Key Figure, specify the calculation type as 'P' and the disaggregation key figure as the Stat fcst.

You dont need to use APODPDANT in this scenario. Generally, APODPDANT is used if you want to use historical proportions to disaggregate future periods. Another reason for using APODPANT is if you want users to manually edit Proportional factors in the Planning book. Neither of this appears applicable in your scenario.

Refer to this link for information on fixing key figures (You can fix the value of a key figure in interactive demand planning so that the value does not change if you change other values of the key figure at other planning levels. The system saves information relevant for fixing at detail level.)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/02/7650c7353611d398290000e8a49608/content.htm

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply. My users keep changing their minds (does this sounds familiar?) Thank you for the solution and I plan to use this method. I'm putting changes into our Development client in the next 2 weeks and will take a look at the results.

Thanks again!

Andrea