cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transhipment location- TM8.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I am looking for is the correct location type to define when setting up a cross dock / transshipment process.

I know we can probably use Port (Location Type 1100), however in the MLF process we are not always using the Port as the point at which we load onto other resources. In fact we are transshipping through a carriers cross dock. As such the 1006 location type (Stock Transfer Point) seems like a better location type to use, or perhaps 1140 (Hub). However in my experience is that 1140 did not work in the past. Can you see which are supported for this process. As a side note 1006 locations only are available in the old SCM transaction /SAPAPO/LOC3 instead of the new transaction /SCMTMS/LOC3.

Can anybody help?

Regards

Ganga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203115
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ganga. In my (albeit limited) TM 8 experience the location type hasn't mattered so much as the location data population on the Transshipment Location Assignment table or the Transshipment Chain table. For the record - so far I have used 1030 Terminal and things have worked ok.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mvunsharma
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

As far as my understanding goes, location type does not play any role in TM business process. You can use any of the following depending on where your location is in the chain:

1. 1002 - DC

2. 1030 - Terminal

3. 1100 - Port

4. 1110 - Airport

5. 1120 - Railway Station

6. 1130 - CFS

7. 1140 - Hub

8. 1150 - Gateway

9. 1160 - Container Yard

I can imagine the use of location type only if an KPI is built based on location type. Otherwise, it does not serve anyother purpose.

Regards,

Nageshwara Manda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mac and Nag for the valid inputs. I am testing those.

regards

Ganga