cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save button of FPM component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a standard WD Component. This component is integrated in IF_FPM_OAF_COMPONENT.

I have made some changes in my std wd component. Now the req is:

When ever the user click on save button on FPM TOOL BAR , I have to write my logic to save the data as per my changes .

PROCESS_EVENT method of IF_FPM_OAF_COMPONENT is triggerd ....but I dont know what to do from here??

I am confused as where to write my logic ?

Can anybody guide me??

Thanks,

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED MYSELF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you tell me how you have solve your issue because I have stucked in same kind of situation.

But in my case my component PROCESS_EVENT does not trigger and Context is at VIEW level not at controller level so how to retrieved context thats also an issues.

Thanks & Regards,

AnkitJain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PROCESS_EVENT there is parameter io_event with this parameter you can catch Button details

Ex:

• Button Events should handle here

CASE io_event->mv_event_id.

WHEN 'BT_SAVE'.

in my case BT_SAVE is my button id.

WHEN OTHERS.

ENDCASE.

Cheers,

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

process_method is the right place to catch the save event. From there you can call the FM or model class to actually save the data. There are many examples available in APB_FPM_DEMO package. Have a look at them and learn from it. In addition to it refer to FPM Development manual in FPM site.

[|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the component controller, you will find a fpm hook method save.

Check in that method for the name of the model class used. Once you find the name of the model class, you will have to enhance that class in SE24 as per your requirements.

In case you need more info, let me know the name of the std component you are using and I will try to help.

Cheers,

Lorraine