cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW PI 7.3 & ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

i freshly set up a Netweaver PI 7.3. After the installation i followed the PostInstallation Guide and made the following steps. Striked things i did and the italic things i skipped.

1. If required, you perform a full system backup, immediately after the installation has finished.

2. You check whether you can log on to the application server

3.You perform the consistency check

4.You install the SAP license

5. Windows Server 2008 (R2): If required, you set up symbolic links for application servers

6.You configure the remote connection to SAP support

7. You install the SAP Online Documentation

8. You configure the Transport Management System

-- 9. If required, you install Database Studio--

10. If required, you generate the personal security environment (PSE) for SAP MaxDB

11. You back up the MaxDB database

12. You update the database software to the current release

13. You ensure user security

14. You perform a full system backup

15.You check the Master Guide for your SAP NetWeaver application for further implementation and

No i want to access http:// <J2EE_host>:<J2EE_Port>/dir . But that failed.

Internal Error
Internal error; contact your system administrator
Unable to read configuration data (ExchangeProfile/aii.properties)

Im also not able to pass the SLDCHECK or to setup "access to SLD from ABAP from this [GUIDE|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dm40/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

-> im not able to maintain RFC destination SAPSLDAPI via transaction SM59

-

>>>> Do i missed some steps after the installation? I havn't set up any user Accounts.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 15, 2011 1:46 PM

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 15, 2011 1:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Are you sure these are the only PI Post installation steps? I think there are certain steps missing regarding the connections, exchange profile configuration.

Can you let me know the link of you guide used to perform the Post installation steps.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

thanks for reply. The [Link|https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001283622010E] for you.

I read something about echangeProfile [in here|https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001677582004E/XI30_Inst_final_new.pdf] , but im not sure whether i can use this guide 'cuz its from 2004^^.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

As SAP says they have reduced lot of post installation steps compared to earlier version. Hence the problem in telling you which step you missed!

Any i think you do the check list as mentioned in the other guide (just check list) Like

Maintaining connections in sm59

Exchange profile parameters

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i tried to get the rfc connection working.

What i did:

[Done Successful Step1 and stuck at nr.2|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dm40/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Login SAP* in Client 001.

SM59

TCP/IP connections

create new Connection with the following values:

- RFC Destination: SAPSLDAPI

- Activation Type -> Registered Server Programm

- Programm ID = SAPSLDAPI_<sid>

-->> Hit the button "Connection Test" and i got some errors.

[Image 1|http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3984/error1o.jpg]

When i change the the "Logon with Ticket Settings" i get a smaller error, but still an error.

[Image 2|http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1305/error2ph.jpg]

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Sory i dont have the access to view the image2. Is it possible to copy-paste the error.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem in accessing the links is from my network end, as i am in company's network it is restricted!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an imagehoster which you are allowed to access? Or do you know another possibility to send you the pictures?

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can check after 2 hrs and accordingly i will respond!

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. i appreciate that. thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

Program SAPSLDAPI_ABC says it is not registerd in Jav Vir. Machine. you have to register it.

Usually program's standard name is "SAPSLDAPI". Chek it!

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint. But this doesn't helped me.

I set the activation Type tp "Registered Server Program" and put in SAPSLDAPI as Programm ID.

Now the program SAPSLDAPI is not registered.

Do i have to register something? And how do i register it in java virt. mashine?

I followed this guide [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dm40/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm].

Do i have to set the Gateway Options? -> I have installed a standalone PI Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for bit of confusion.

SAPSLDAPI would be your RFC connections maintained in SM59. SAPSLDAPI_ABC (in your system) is the program ID which must be registered with your server(in JVM)

Please have look at the discussion in this thread

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirstian,

Check SAP Note: 817920 - XI readiness check. Please check after the post installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your sap note isnt longer available.

[SAP NOTE|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/817920]

I tried this one. But im not able to find the "admin--go.bat" to start the Visual Administrator.

I Hope you created a connection in sm59 by mentoning as registered server program for the 'T" type conenction.

Then you need to go to Visual administrator.usr\sap\NW7\DVEBMGS02\j2ee\admin--go.bat

cluster-->Server-->services-->jco RFC provider

In this give your program ID which you gave in 'T' type connection-->and give all the relevant details.

then save it.

Now come and check in SM59 it will connect succefully.

This how you need to register the server program.

Ok, i visual Administrator is now integrated in NWA

Rampdownof Visual Administrator is done with AS Java 7.10Visual Administrator is no longer part of SAP NetWeaver shipment!
All necessary online functionalities aretransferred to SAP NetWeaver Administrator.

// Solved the first problem.

I now have the SAPSLDAPI_ABC successfully registered in NWA. I also have successful created a RFC Destination SAPSLDAPI in NWA. I started the JCo RFC Destination and the Programm ID ist running now.

But im still not able to pass the connection test in SM59.

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 16, 2011 8:46 AM

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 16, 2011 8:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

But im still not able to pass the connection test in SM59.

1. First have a check on authorization.

2. Now what error you are seeing and for which connection are you testing the connection is it SAPSLDAPI

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted some values and the test runs successful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were all the errors now resolved?

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Successful connection to SAPSLDAPI.

I ran SLDCHECK and now i have some success. "RFC ping was successful". BUT "No SLD server access data maintained. " and 2 other error.

I moved on to Change SLD Access Date (Tcode "SLDAPICUST") and dont exactly know what credentials i have to use or which connection to set up.

[In this example guide there are 2 credentials in|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dm40/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm] -> Step 4.

// EDIT

Ok. SLDCHECK gives me 3 Errors:

Calling funtion LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS

Retrieving data from SLD server...

Function call returned exception code 3

-> Check whether the SLD is running!

-

Summary: Connection to SLD does not work

-> Check SLD function and configurations

-

Now checking access to the XI Profile

RFC destination LCRSAPRFC does not exist

-> Create the RFC destianation by using transaction SM59!

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 16, 2011 9:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos
I ran SLDCHECK and now i have some success. "RFC ping was successful". 
BUT "No SLD server access data maintained. " and 2 other error.

>>>>>>>>>>>> The above is fine.

I moved on to Change SLD Access Date (Tcode "SLDAPICUST") and 
dont exactly know what credentials i have to use or which connection to set up.

>>>> This should point to the SLD you need to access

Refer:

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. So i managed to get the XI Profile check working.

No i have only this errros.

Calling funtion LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS

Retrieving data from SLD server...

Function call returned exception code 3

-> Check whether the SLD is running!

-

Summary: Connection to SLD does not work

-> Check SLD function and configurations

-

Thanks for the link. ill have a look. It may help me.

// EDIT:

No i want to update SLD with Tcode RZ70. -> I put in localhost and sapgw00.

When i executed it, i get the following messages:

- Data collected successfully

- RFC data prepared

- Used RFC destination: SLD_UC

- RFC call failed: Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAP....

-->> does this mean, that i havent configured the SLD RFC correctly?

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 16, 2011 9:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, RFC is not configured properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok . I checked the credentials from SLDAPICUST.

I have set the parameters like this: Access to SLD Server using HTTP & Connection Paramter Enter Here.

Then i create a new connection : Hostname: localhost | Port: 50000 | User J2EE_ADMIN + password.

When i run SLDCHECK i get no error, but some hints and the Webbrowser opens up.

Calling function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS

Retrieving data from the SLD server...

Function call terminated sucessfully

No business systems maintained in the SLD

-> Check data integrity within the SLD!

-

Summary: Connection to SLD works technically, but the SLD content may need maintenance.

-> Check and maintain the SLD data content.

-

Now checking access to the XI Profile:

RFC ping was successful

calling function EXCHANGE_PROFILE_GET_PARAMETER

Retrieving data from the XI Profile...

Function call returened exception code 3

Access to the XI Profile is currently disrupted.

So whats going on here. Im going crazy. What i have additionally to do? And are the parameters correct in SLDAPICUST?

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 16, 2011 10:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No business systems maintained in the SLD >>>>>>>>> When you run PI post installation steps the necess TS and BS should be created. I am wondering why it has not happned!

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give me a link, note, guide or something else, where i can find how to configure the BS & TS?

I tried to access http://<host:port>/exchangeProfile, but I get the Error: You are not authorized to view the requested resource.

I tried to login as: J2EE_ADMIN & SAP*

Thanks to all for the patience with me !

// EDIT:

I found a configuration wizard in NWA. There are 44 task which i can execute. Which are important?

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 16, 2011 10:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian

The 44 task which you saw were used in previous versions of check list. I would suggest to go through them again (its pain)! Atleast you can find the steps to configure SLD in that task.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. May i start from the beginning with the post installation steps.

I found here a good example for NW PI 7.1. Is it possible to use it for my Pi 7.3?

-->> In step 5 im not able to add a new profile with the parameters in the discription, because the the fields like "Icm/host_name_full" don't exist. -> is this because of nw pi 7.3 and not 7.1?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

I would not personally suggest.

As SAP declares that the installtion time of PI 7.3 takes not more than 1-2 hours*, is it possible for you go from scratch?

I am saying this because, if you again run into trouble lots of time is wasted. Rather why not start from scratch and perform all the installation and Post installations again properly!

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i can start all over again. I made a backup after the normal installation. But then i need definatly a good guide for the post installation steps. My last one (in first post) is not complete you said. Perhaps you have a good one or a link to one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

I tried searching it on Market Place no luck till now. What i got was same guide you had shared earlier. If i get an link i will pass it ASAP.

Just curious, was not the installation guide supplied to you with software?

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

I was able to find this guide for troublshooting PI 7.3

I hope it will be useful :

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. I simply downloaded the Software from SAP Marketplace. Read through some Master&PI Installation Guides. But i never found a step-by-step installation.

The onliest document for post installation i found is this one: [DOCUMENT|https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001283502010E]

But this steps i made, like i said in first post. Additional i found this [GUIDE|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60d2a693-9504-2b10-5ba7-82964bd8370e?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true] for Netweaver PI 7.1 and this looks like a real guide to guide me through the post installation. And there i have to do a lot more, than just install Database Studio and setup TMS.

Thanks for the troubleshooting guide.

Just curious, was not the installation guide supplied to you with software?

What does it mean? Do i get a disk and a manual, where i will be guided step by step, after buying the software? I just downloaded the software via SAP Marketplace and there are just some superficial guides.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i had done the 7.0 installation with the software the installation guide was also bundled

What about the link i shared, is it useful?

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definatly, but i can't say whether it helps to finish the installation 100%. I try some steps from the troubleshooting.

When i had done the 7.0 installation with the software the installation guide was also bundled

Was it a step-by-step guide? This would be awesome to have for 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it was step by step!

But i find for 7.3 is beta version. Might be because it can be installed easily !

Try your luck, if i could find it i will pass it you.

Happy installation

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

The 7.3 setup was very easy, but now the post installation isn't that simple for me.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I found something good. I hope it will help.

There is an Configuration Wizard for inital Configuration. When i want to execute him, he asks for credentials of user PILSADMIN. But i havn't declared such an user. --> so whats my problem?

Activities
       1.      Call the SAP NetWeaver Administrator in a browser using the path http://<host>:<httpport>/nwa, and log on to the  SAP NetWeaver Administrator with the user Administrator.

2.      In the SAP NetWeaver Administrator, choose Configuration Management à Scenarios à Configuration Wizard.

3.      Select the task in the list, and choose Start.

4.      Follow the screens.

The system makes the necessary settings.

The system reports any configuration errors. Error message long texts are written to the protocol.

-->> I want to do these steps for automatic configuration of NWPI. But is the user Administrator "Administrator" or "J2EE_ADMIN" ? Because i dont know the password for "Administrator"

-->> Tried to login with the J2EE_ADMIN User, and when i want to run the wizard, ill get promted for password of DDIC(i know the password) and for PILSADMIN (i dont know the password, because i havn't set the user during isntallation or after).

-->> this PILSADMIN i have to create in manual mode as 2nd step -> weird -.-

AND

I found a tutorial, what i have to do, without the wizard (manually do the wizards steps).

LINK

Someone knows something? Otherwise i have to do the manual way.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating SAP System Users for the PI, im facing a strange problem. I wanna assign user "PIAFUSER" the role "SAP_XI_AF_SERV_USER", BUT the "Role SAP_XI_AF_SERV_USER does not exist".

Im doing this [TURORIAL|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/a9b8cb7e28674be10000000a421937/frameset.htm] for the NW PI 7.1, but i think (hope) this should be the same. My current step is "Assigning ABAP Roles" and i assigned all roles successfully to their users unitl PIAFUSER and i can also assign the following role to PIAFUSER "SAP_XI_AF_SERV_USER_MAIN".

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Success. I have completed the wizard without any problems or errors.

BUT

I'm not able to call the Tcode "SXMB_IFR" -> error while activating single sign-on -> did i missed something?

I'm able to go to "http://<host>:50000/dir" !

But, i'm not able to get the Enterprise Service Builder & WebUI working. They allways exit with the message: Problem When Logging On - "No authorization for this action" & Error: You are not authorized to view the requested resource. Details: No details available.

Hope someone can help

Edited by: Christian Otto on Dec 21, 2011 3:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I also solved this Problem. Now my NW PI 7.3 works flawless. Big thanks to all involved.