cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe and Flat File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to get some information about the flat files connection in BO 4.0.

Is it better and easier than in BO 3.1 ?

Is it possible to create an Universe from a CSV/xls file directly ?

I know that it is possible to use Explorer from a Excel file saved on the BO Server.

Is it possible to create a WEBI Query from this Excel file ?

Thanks,

Matthieu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can consume flat files directly into webI , using a "personal dataprovider"

no need for a universe really

regards,

H

0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Can you please explain me elaborately on personal dataprovider? Now we have situation that to create a webi report on flat file. Users want to refresh that report  through BI launch pad.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You can create reports using the tool called WebI Rich Client on top of your Flatfile source without making use of Universe. Then you can export this report to repository to make it available in BILaunchpad.

But make sure your Personal data source is accessible to the user/account which runs your BusinessObjects sserver.

Regards

Mani

0 Kudos

Mani,

Thanks for your reply, I got  access to that shared data source. I am encountering File not found error, when I am refreshing the report from BI launch pad. Can you please explain me where I need to give access permission?

Thanks,

Venkata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you already check the corresponding chapter of the users guide?

"Refreshing Web Intelligence documents based on PDP / CDP data sources from the BI launch pad"

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp5_ia_en.pdf#page140

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply , Webi file refreshing with out any errors after updating the registry. But can you please let me know ,when we are refreshing the report values are not updating records at BI launch pad level

Thanks,

Venkat