cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexing Failed - User-Defined message search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to set-up a user-defined message search in our PI 7.3 system. After having created a filter and defined a search criteria, SAP says to "create an index of the messages that match the active filters and search criteria" [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/b2e0186b156ff4e10000000a42189b/content.htm]

Every time I try to run indexing it fails. I don't know why as there is no help-button available and I haven't found anyone experiencing the same issue. Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Also - using XPath - do I have to consider any particular namespace prefix etc for PI messsages? I have tested my XPath on payload XML in XMLSpy, but the search functionality seem to expect a different format on the XPath syntax...

Thank you!

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have set this up for an interface now. I am not sure how important the index job is because

the indexing job worked in the dev system, never stopped in QA and failed in prod. Anyway the message search works in all three systems.

The following blog made me understand the namespace prefix:

http://scn.sap.com/people/abinash.nanda/blog/2011/08/17/pi-73--adapter-user-defined-message-search

Regards,

Per Rune

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if SAP Notes 1562066 and 1596012 are applicable to your environment.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for good input! The notes are not spot on as they provide information regarding issues encountered on a later stage, but they can be good to keep in the documentation in case we see these issues later on.

regards Ole

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ole,

Did you get around to sorting this problem out? We have the same problem where the Indexing Job fails for the Adapter Engine.

Regards,

Bhavesh    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No, it was not that important at the time (only investigation), and other things were prioritized...

regards Ole

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks. This is for PI 7.1 so slightly different explanation and also focuses on config in the ABAP stack (SXMS_LMS_CONF).

I am trying to test this on the advanced adapter engine (for integrated configurations) and configure everything through NWA. I will give this other option a try as well, but I would like to know why there are obstacles when I do everything through NWA.

regards Ole