Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To delete System Error - Best Efforts Message from SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Export

I want to delete all message in system error from SXMB_MONI

I am using XI 3.0

Please let me know any report or program which i will called to remove messege in system error.

All synchronous messages are with QOS as Best efforts

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amitto,

there is nothing to be done from your side. The messages you would like to remove are synchronous, so they cannot be cancelled. A message in XI is allowed to be deleted if all of the below listed conditions hold:

(A) retention period has expired

(B) message has final messages status

(C) message has final adapter status

Upon failure a synchronous message cannot be handled anymore and therefore the error status is considered a final message state, thus, condition (B) holds (note: this is true for synchronous messages only). The adapter status is relevant for asynchronous messages, i.e. all synchronous messages have initial adapter status 000 where this status also is considered final. Therefore condition (C) always holds for synchronous messages.

In summary, the messages will be deleted by report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES once their retention period has expired. You can check the retention period in transaction SXMB_ADMIN -> In the Integration Engine menu, choose Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods and then click button Retention Periods.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks , But I am Not able to cancle the message.

System Erro Messag can not be cancled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

rror messages or messages that are not in complete/final status have to be cancelled first thus cancelling a message forces the field ITFACTION to be set to ARCH in a productive system i.e. this message MUST be archived and it cannot be deleted by report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES anymore, even if ITFACTION initially was set to DEL.

If in case of bulk error messages, all these error messages can either be cancel them manually by selecting these set of messages in SXMB_MONI and then cancel them by pressing button "Cancel Processing of Messages With Error" (CTRL+F8). or report RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES is the tool of choice for mass data handling, i.e. for canceling a large set of messages. This report handles message that already are in error state.

regards,

ganesh.

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ammito,

first of all You need to cancel all error message(RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES). Then run cleaning program(rsxmb_delete_messages or very something like this). Additionally i recommend to configure delete and archiving mechanism in PI

For more details please take a look on sap note

SAP Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI

BR

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try with program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES.

Mickael