Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of Dependend Demands from PP/DS to DP

tolga_aras
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

is there any Badi or function module available that enables us to transfer our dependent demands from PP/DS to DP apart from moving them via APO/BW to APO DP?

Thanks in advance!

BR

Tolga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

I am assuming that dependent demand would be a order series Key Figure for you (otherwise you won't be able to use it in PPDS planning).

If you use SNP (and so your KFs are mapped using categories/category groups), I think one possible easy option for you would be:

1) Add a custom Time Series (TS) Key Figure (KF) in your SNP planning area, or use existing one if by chance you have some KF that is not being used already

2) Dependent demand could be copied to this TS KF using a simple macro in our planning view.

3) Using the program /sapapo/rtscopy, transfer the dependent demand from this TS KF in SNP to DP KF.

PS: Pls cross-check that only the relevant category groups are maintained in the dependent demand, and it does not contain categories that you don't want to go to DP.

Thank - Pawan

tolga_aras
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

thanks a lot for your recommendation. Unfortuntately we are not using SNP. If that would be the case, in SNP there is a standard transaction for providing forecasts (maybe also dependend demands) back to DP, which I could use. But my challenge is to provide dependend demands from PP/DS straight to APO DP into a certain key figure.

I would appreciate any recommandation, if a solution exists at all.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Tolga

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tolga,

One more option could be to use a Badi macro in DP, and within the Badi macro, read the PPDS KF value for location product using BAPI/FM and assign the same to DP KF at the detailed level of location product.

The BAPI BAPI_PPDSSRVAPS_GET_IO_NODES could be helpful for you, I can see that there is an optional selection called ATPCAT_SELECTION along with product location selection, however you would need to check what kind of selections to use to best suit your need.

Since PPDS data would be in order series, you would need to identify the date which you would like to pass on to DP (as DP is time series based).

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tolga_aras
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The solution proposal is not complete but it is worth to check if it is working. However we will consider another solution.