cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable all SAP scheduled background jobs before I start my SAP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to clone my SAP (production) to overwrite my SAP (development), assume I am lucky enough that I can start up my cloned SAP (production) on my development platform smoothly, however, since my cloned SAP scheduled background jobs were configured under the production environment, they will fail when the SAP (development) begins to run.

So, is it possible to disable or modify these scheduled background jobs before I start the cloned SAP on the development platform ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Set "rdisp/wp_no_btc=0" in the SAP profile then restart the system.

Additionally, if the SAP license is not installed, background jobs will not be worked.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Dec 15, 2011 11:51 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor

Hello Ming,

set the SAP profile parameter "rdisp/wp_no_btc" to 0 and start your SAP system.

Delete or adjust your job settings, stop your SAP, change parameter rdisp/wp_no_btc to its previous value and start your SAP again.

Regards

Stefan

P.S.: Orkun was faster )

Former Member
0 Kudos

))))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. Both of you.

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...another way to execute BTCTRNS1 before you do the copy - which will keep the jobs but just "suspend" them. With BTCTRNS2 you can reschedule them on their original time.

Markus

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...another way to execute BTCTRNS1 before you do the copy - which will keep the jobs but just "suspend" them. With BTCTRNS2 you can reschedule them on their original time.

>

> Markus

That is the way to go, esp. if you are not doing a "refresh" but a sapinst based copy.

Sapinst installs a temporary license and uses btc-jobs in the very end of the installation in the system copy.

It might be difficult to pinpoint the moment when to do the change while sapinst is running.

In addition, if you have no BTCs in the end, the installation will fail, so you need to re-login, de-schedule manually via SM37,

re-enable BTCs, restart the instance and repeat the failed sapinst.

Another (not supported) way is to disable the jobs on DB-level right after the restore.

update tbtco set status='P' where status ='S';  -- setting "scheduled" jobs to "planned"
delete from tbtcs; -- erase what is already given to the scheduler
commit;

Volker

mansoo
0 Kudos

The above query's comment is wrong. "scheduled" jobs to "planned" --> "Released" jobs to "Scheduled" is correct.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also set the parameter rdisp/btctime=0 to disable the backgroud job checker from getting invoked. This would also not start any background jobs in the system.