Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discussion about Bulk strategy

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All.

I am very new to WM and i want to discuss about bulk strategy. i have referred to the sap help forum. Though i have made the strategy based on the help forum's instructions but still i am having certain basic issues.

For example:

1)what are the pre requisites i need to maintain while creating the storage types for bulk strategy?

2)there are strategies based on storage type, storage section and storage bin types. Do i need to maintain strategies in all the three types?

3)i am maintaining the palletization data in wm tab2 in material master. How will it impact in determining which section and which bin it is supposed to go?

4) In bulk strategy only one bin is sufficiant. can we make more than one bin?

5)after making the strategy i tried to do a goods reciept... while creating the transfer order it is giving an error that it is unablle to determine storage bin (destination),but i have configured all and almost every known settings there are in the strategy types.What i saw is while creating the transfer order the system was able to select the storage type "BLK" AUTOMATICALLY* but couldnt find the bins. I have used LS05 to create bin automatically.*

6)Though i ahve deliberatley not mentioned the bin in the material master as i want it to select it via the strategy.

i have many more issues. But first things first..so lets get a clear knowledge about this first and i 'll be sharing all the relevant problem i am having.

thanks.

Edited by: BOSE_Krishna on Dec 15, 2011 11:08 AM

Edited by: BOSE_Krishna on Dec 15, 2011 11:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend,

Kindly follow the prerequest steps here

To ensure smooth processing, bulk storage areas do not allow:

mixed storage

storage of different storage unit types

When setting the parameters for storage type control, you should bear the following in mind:

A capacity check in the storage type is not required because this check takes place automatically via the maximum number of storage units.

It is not absolutely necessary to activate the storage unit type check:

o If you require more than 10 bin types per storage unit type, you must not activate this check. The check is executed automatically via the definition of the bulk storage area.

o If 10 bin types per storage unit type are sufficient, you should activate the check (gives you better performance).

Configuration Setting

To set up this strategy for the storage type, proceed as follows:

1 Enter b in the Putaway strategy field.

2 Enter x in the Addn to stock field to allow for addition to existing stock.

3 Leave the Capacity check method and SUT check active fields blank. A capacity check and storage unit type (SUT) check are

not necessary in bulk storage because an internal check is carried out based on the block structure definition.

4 Enter the appropriate indicator in the Mixed storage field. For a description of the combinations that are allowed,

see the F1 help information in the storage type record.

Edited by: jothi23 on Dec 15, 2011 7:12 AM

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Jothi,

now i want to discuss about warehouse activity monitor. now using t code LL01 i gave the warehouse number and executed

the next screen comes like unconfirmewd transfer orders , open transfer requirements,open delivaries ...etc...

how can i use it.... how will the report be helpfull ?

Also in spro setting i saw a term called critical time???? how do i configure it and what effect will it have???

for ex: no transfer order should remain unconfirmed after 2 hours. so as soon as the user executes ll01 will he be able to see the report for the unconfirmed transfer order that has passed the 2 hrs time line.....

there are so many settings in that??? can we discuss it in details???

pl discuss

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bose

Just a suggestion. When you give a subject in the forum please ask questions related to that topic and close it once you think it is answered. When you jump to another question in the same thread other community users may not be able to benefit or see the threads completely when they search using key words. So please create a new thread if the question is different.

To answer your question:

Warehouse activity monitor helps the warehouse manager/supervisor to monitor critical objects and take necessary action. If a TR or TO is not subsequently processed or converted within the critical time maintained in configuration, it would show up in the LL01 transaction. The configuration is simple. Do not miss out to create the batch jobs for the 7 reports (RLLL01SE ...to ...RLLL07SE) that you see in configuration for warehouse activity monitor.

Thanks

Anandha