Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Subject from ZDCR to ZDMJ/ZDHF

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ChaRM, you obviously select a Subject against the Change Request (ZDCR in our scenario) which determines whether the Change Document is a Normal Correct, Urgent Correction etc.

Lets just say we choose Normal Correction. The Change Request is approved and a Change Document (ZDMJ) is created. We know the Subject field isn't required for the ZDMJ but we want this to be copied from the Change Request. The reason being we want this field to be included in the Smart Form so users know the type of change that's been created when they get an email.

I've had a look at the IMG Activity "Define Mapping Rules for Copy Control" but there doesn't seem to be a column for Subject. Priority, Category, Text, Date, IBase, Reference all appear and these are working fine. However, not Subject

So experts, is there a way for the Subject filled to be copied across from Change Request?

Thank you very much!!!!

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't done this but there is development/customization that might help you.

1. SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide->Customer Relationship Management->Transactions->Basic Settings->Copying Control for Business Transactions->BAdI: Enhancements for Copying Control.

This can be used to create an implementation of BAdI 'CRM_COPY_BADI'. Code to copy subject content would be added to Method SUBJECT and the filter/copy routine defined can then be added to:

2. SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide->Customer Relationship Management->Transactions->Basic Settings->Copying Control for Business Transactions->Define Copying Control for Transaction Types.

Here you need to add two new entries (ZDCR->ZDMJ and ZDCR->ZDHF) both with no check boxes checked and the copy routine above entered,

Good luck!

Paul

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone??

Please.....!!!

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see all those columns except for subject and context.

My columns go Ref > Copy Attm > Project (there is no subject or context like you have described).

Anyone know of a way to get these columns to show? We're on 7.0 (not 7.1).

Cheers

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prakhar,

I have already tried scrolling to the right...there is no Subject.

There is (in order):

Partner

Priority

Category

Text

Date

IBase

Reference

Attachments

No Subject.

Regards

Shaun

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am bit surprised

goto spro search for define mapping rule for copy control using search option

in the initial screen when you select the transaction type and click on copy control on left side

then in the upcoming screen you have the below set of columns

sp type ---TP type - copy prio- copy cat -copy text -

copy date -
copy ibase -
ref -
attmt-- subject -

context -

project type

Please check as above it shd be there.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

As per my first post, this IMG Activity does not have Subject.

Regards

Shaun

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You couldn't find because its not seen by default.

you have to select transaction type line item and then scroll towards the right side

you can see plenty of other columns which are hidden due to size.

hope it solves

regards

prakhar

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your response. Not really sure what you mean though.

The Subject is just one of many things that we want copied across to the ZDMJ (from the ZDCR). For example, we have priority mapped so this is copied over. We want to do a similiar copy for the Subject but I can't find anywhere to do this in the IMG.

Are you saying it's possible to get the name of the Change Document in the email? If so, we wouldn't require the Subject to be copied.

Currently in our email, we can get the Change Document number to come across but not the text.

i.e. the ZDMJ might be Urgent Correction: 80000531

We can get the 80000531 to show in the email but not sure how to get "Urgent Correction" to also show. If anyone know how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!

PS. We get the Number to show by using the following in the SMART FORM:

&ORDERADM_H-OBJECT_ID&

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For copying fields

just search copy control or mapping rules in SPRO

this will lead to an activity where you can choose the source and target transactin type which will help you to copy the values choose the tick mark in the columns as requested.

for the smartform it can be hardcoded for zdmj as urg correction and similarly for normal corr

hope it helps

regards

prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

developer can directly mentioned in all the mails or smartform that zdmj ......normal correction in the mail header itself

why you want subject only.

another way

try using this badi

DNO_EVENT_SAVE

this might help

regards

prakhar