Did you mean: 

RRB material determination issue

salim_shakir3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We are implementing resource related billing. We have a situation

wherein we have seperate material codes for consulting and training but

they are both linked to the same cost element.

When I configure through ODP1, I can link only one material to a cost

element in material determination. We would like to link 2, one for

consulting and the other for training which should be selectable when

we create the quote or DMR. Is this possible? Is there a user exit or

BADI for this?

We want one material for our consulting WBS and one for training

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In characteristics take material as material determination. no summarization , and structure.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

salim_shakir3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did that Vengaiah.

I entered characteristic as material and ticked material determination. Then I enter both the materials consulting and training.

In my ECP I have entered hrs as it is T&M (i.e activity type/cost center combination). I could create cost plan succesfully based on hrs entered and labor rates. When I click on sales pricing in project builder to create a quote it says no expenditure items found. How do i corelate the material with the activity type/cost center combination

Regards

Salim

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was confused. If you are using Activity type / cost center. Then take actvity type as material deter, No summirization.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

salim_shakir3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah.

We do not have seperate activity types for training and consulting

Regards

Salim

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have different WBS for consulting and training. Then take WBS as characteristis and material determination. Next time please explain you problem detail.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

salim_shakir3
Explorer
0 Kudos

[RRB Doc|https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bw4UhC7lXjxPNDQ3YzllZGUtMWQ2Ny00MzlmLWEwZDEtOTE4Y2M2NWRjZDJi]

I have uploaded the RRB config doc

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please remove the material determination for cost element. And go with only wbs element as material determination. Under Source -- Selection criteria -- give the WBS number or range. If you have any issue please upload the document.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Edited by: vengaiah chowdary pachava chinna on Dec 19, 2011 9:15 AM

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rashid,

That is quite normal. You have one cost element but the 2 materials. Can you please tell me how would the system select the material (consulting vs training) if you are incurr cost with only one cost element? You have to have at least one cost element per material in the billing not the other way around. You can't combine 2 billing items into one accounting item. This is a highly integrated system after all.

Regards,

Dave